Trachtenberg Shares New Prey Details, Future Predator Sequels and a New Prey Still Shows Naru Hiding

Started by Darkness, Jun 29, 2022, 05:07:46 PM

Author
Trachtenberg Shares New Prey Details, Future Predator Sequels and a New Prey Still Shows Naru Hiding (Read 15,972 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Tommy John on Jun 30, 2022, 04:13:01 AMI'm going to be complying honest, I'm a Fan of the Predator Franchise, I want It to succeed and I don't want it to be "woke" like many others have said, When I saw the teaser trailer I thought it was really cool, had a more creepy/ horror vibe. When I saw the entire trailer I got a huge smile on my face, cause THIS is the Predator I know and love, finally it looks scary again, an

I think the grey area where people who go on about woke shit feel vindicated is when there's cheap tokenism, and this seems to wink at that but subvert it, even just in the trailer. I'm pretty confident this is going to satisfy, and even some of those screechers will give it a "this one's okay 'cause it's good" pass.

GreybackElder

The more I hear about what trachtenberg has to say about the predator creature and the mood of the film the more I like. The first movie was an action packed tense film. But, I've never found the films/creature scary. That is definitely the direction I want. Not some spoof parody like the last one.

BlueMarsalis79

Clubroot

sounds cool. I hope Amber's performance lives up to the hype.

BigDaddyJohn

She seem to have worked hard for the part. I'm really keen on seeing the rest of the cast also.

Wweyland

The more I see and hear, the more excited I get for this movie. I think a lot will hang on the character Naru being likable.

morseman

Getting more and more keen on this film, I really like what I've seen and read so far, I really hope they pull it off!

BigDaddyJohn

I'm pretty sure they'll make Taabe, the brother, kinda harsh and unlikable at the beginning. They'll go on to develop him to become more understanding and appreciative of what Naru brings to the table progressively.

And then they'll probably kill him, making his death impactful to us who were beginning to like him. He'll possibly sacrifice himself to buy her time or some like that.

Yautja888

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 30, 2022, 08:02:14 AM
Quote from: Tommy John on Jun 30, 2022, 04:13:01 AMI'm going to be complying honest, I'm a Fan of the Predator Franchise, I want It to succeed and I don't want it to be "woke" like many others have said, When I saw the teaser trailer I thought it was really cool, had a more creepy/ horror vibe. When I saw the entire trailer I got a huge smile on my face, cause THIS is the Predator I know and love, finally it looks scary again, an

I think the grey area where people who go on about woke shit feel vindicated is when there's cheap tokenism, and this seems to wink at that but subvert it, even just in the trailer. I'm pretty confident this is going to satisfy, and even some of those screechers will give it a "this one's okay 'cause it's good" pass.

Only, it's not looking good at all, and not because of the blatant wokism.The wokism will
just aggravate the problem, with a cool looking predator,or pratical effects for the bear,etc
a lot of people would've rolled their eyes but still find something to enjoy.I think this movie will be quickly forgotten.For now, the fact that The Predator was crazy in its own stupidity is helping Prey,
it's easy to be pleased by something normal after watching The Predator wich felt like a parody/comedy.
But it's not gonna last long.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 02, 2022, 04:23:49 PMOnly, it's not looking good at all, and not because of the blatant wokism.

What else doesn't look good at all ?

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jul 02, 2022, 04:23:49 PMOnly, it's not looking good at all, and not because of the blatant wokism.

And yet you can't seem to explain why, at all.

QuoteThe wokism will just aggravate the problem

If anything the cut from her being laughed at by the men, directly to her f**king up stalking the bear is the opposite of woke. The trailer sets up that vibe and subverts it immediately. Some people (you) just desperately want to get their panties in a bunch about this movie for some reason.

Rankles75

Can we stop with this "woke" shit ffs? It's the kind of thing you expect from a 10 year old. If the film fails, it certainly won't be because the lead character is a woman.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 02, 2022, 07:52:57 PMCan we stop with this "woke" shit ffs?

It'll stop when it's no longer profitable for the talking heads to push, which will be when The Right is no longer in a moral panic about "degeneracy" "ruining society". So never, basically.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed