The Final Dark Horse Releases

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 09, 2020, 01:14:37 AM

Author
The Final Dark Horse Releases (Read 8,109 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2020, 09:03:01 PM
Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 09, 2020, 08:58:55 PM
does the comics moving to marvel mean they'll have to cease selling all past releases digitally, etc?

For a time, most likely, until Marvel starts taking over and handling the re-releases themselves.

We should still have access to anything we've already purchased from Dark Horse Digital though.

barrydalgarno

Quote from: RhubarbLeaves on Jul 09, 2020, 02:55:10 PM
Highly doubt those Essential editions will be getting released. Predator Volume 2 is showing unavailable on Amazon and delayed everywhere else. Was also hoping for that Aliens one with Sandtrap. Maybe Disney will release that though.

Would be a massive shame if the current series were cancelled. Alien only needs two more issues. Can't see Predator Screenplay going forward. Doubt Marvel will do screenplay comics either  :( I have just thought though, maybe it will pop back up under Marvel since they probably have a lot of planning done for it already? I read Alien 3 screenplay sold well so there's a chance.

Anyone else had an email cancelling their preorder? I've had one from Forbidden Planet saying it's been cancelled by the publisher.

Kailem

Kailem

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

#Frustrated

barrydalgarno

They seem to be still preorder-able on Amazon UK, so I've tried that. Who knows, it's worth a shot.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

We've heard from Dark Horse about the releases, I've updated the original post accordingly. Alien: The Original Screenplay, Hunters III, and AVP: Thicker Than Blood are still coming. The Essential Comics, and Predator: Original Screenplay are cancelled.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 16, 2020, 08:28:52 PM
We've heard from Dark Horse about the releases, I've updated the original post accordingly. Alien: The Original Screenplay, Hunters III, and AVP: Thicker Than Blood are still coming. The Essential Comics, and Predator: Original Screenplay are cancelled.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah... real shame about Predator: The Original Screenplay.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The perfect way to close over three decades of Predator comics.  Gone... just gone. :-[

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah that hurts....

I'm already bummed about not getting the single issues. But at least we get the tpb

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

So they did indeed confirm that the releases are only coming out in the trades? No more single issues?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 16, 2020, 09:26:35 PM
The perfect way to close over three decades of Predator comics.  Gone... just gone. :-[

Personally, I find Hunters III just as fitting a conclusion, though I would've loved to have The Original Screenplay too.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 16, 2020, 11:42:00 PM
So they did indeed confirm that the releases are only coming out in the trades? No more single issues?

Not sure about that but given the current comic distribution issues, I don't know if I'd expect them, maybe digitally though? I think Dark Horse will just go with the graphic novel format releases at this point.

Kailem

Kailem

"Heavy casualty. A brother goes down." :(

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 16, 2020, 09:26:35 PM

This. We suspected it, but the confirmation still hurts. That and the Alien: The Original Screenplay would have been the perfect complimentary caps on Dark Horse's run, and now we're only going to be getting the one. Still a hell of a lot better than potentially getting neither of them, but still, that's a real shame to hear.

Glad Hunters 3 is still coming, at least. I've been trade waiting it so whatever the situation is with the singles it shouldn't affect that, but hopefully those who've been reading it that way will get to complete the story in the same format.

j0nesy

j0nesy

thanks for the update ridgetop! pleasantly surprised that alien: the original screenplay is still going to be released

Russ840

Russ840

Oh man. That sucks

At least Dark Horse are finishing the stories they started releasing and that we are get the Alien Original Screenplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed