Ancient-Feudal World Thread 🗿🏹🏛

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 07, 2015, 05:44:24 AM

Author
Ancient-Feudal World Thread 🗿🏹🏛 (Read 20,935 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I got no idea and did no research.
Thought you might have read about it before and could share your knowledge or personal theories.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 12, 2021, 07:23:48 PM
I got no idea and did no research.
Thought you might have read about it before and could share your knowledge or personal theories.

It's just a ceremonial artifact.

QuoteThis is a close-up image of an Assyrian bucket (banduddu) held by a protective spirit (Apkallu). During certain ceremonies, this bucket was filled with a fluid and the Apkallu dips a pine cone (mullilu) into it; the Apkallu then sprinkles the Assyrian king and his courtiers to purify them. The "standard inscription" of Ashurnasirpal II runs horizontally across the upper part of the relief. From the north-west palace of the Assyrian king Ashurnasirpal II at Nimrud (ancient Kalhu; Biblical Calah). From Mesopotamia, modern-day Iraq. Neo-Assyrian period, 875-860 BCE. The Sulaymaniyah Museum, Iraq.

World History Encyclopedia

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 13, 2021, 01:51:24 AMIt's just a ceremonial artifact.

Thanks for the info  :)

Still interesting they used the same in ancient Americas.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Mount Nemrut, Turkey

Rego Grande, Brazil

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

Baron Von Marlon

A buddy watched some tv show where they recreated an medieval dish: it was a chicken, in a phaesant in a turkey. Anyway, 3 different birds.
End result was supposed to be pretty bad.

Somewhat related:
I'm foggy on the details but supposedly for a long period of time beverages contained mushoorms (psychodelics). Due to some change it became less mushroom-y and more typical alcohol, leading to a general way of thought and behaviour.

There's a Joe Rogan Experience episode (yeah, I know, Joe Rogan) starring a "crypto" historian talking about all kinds of stuff like that.
True or false, there's some intersting stuff.
Used to be on youtube, now only on spotiy. Here's the link should care.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0FwCgmkG2Cfb36etijDIho

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 12, 2021, 05:16:41 AM
A buddy watched some tv show where they recreated an medieval dish: it was a chicken, in a phaesant in a turkey. Anyway, 3 different birds.
End result was supposed to be pretty bad.

Somewhat related:
I'm foggy on the details but supposedly for a long period of time beverages contained mushoorms (psychodelics). Due to some change it became less mushroom-y and more typical alcohol, leading to a general way of thought and behaviour.

There's a Joe Rogan Experience episode (yeah, I know, Joe Rogan) starring a "crypto" historian talking about all kinds of stuff like that.
True or false, there's some intersting stuff.
Used to be on youtube, now only on spotiy. Here's the link should care.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0FwCgmkG2Cfb36etijDIho

Oh yeah, the somewhat controversial Mr. Hancock. I think he gave a new age TED talk on the use of ayahuasca.  :laugh:

I don't want to try that hallucinogen, but when it comes to psychedelic experience I prefer a more science oriented  experience like the one of Michael from Vsauce. He claims to have seen colorful fractal patterns and a maya-like pyramid among other things, and apparently the experience can be both; terrifying & fascinating. Even so, I find interesting the "ego dissolution" concept (a.k.a Ego death) and how that might be a rebirth of our true self, produced by psychedelic substances and their neurotransmitter-like properties that apparently turn off parts of our brain, allowing us to have a naked perception of reality. Such a topic in particular is addressed in the first Vsauce video.

I'll see if I listen to the podcast later.

Edit ~ Edit: one wonders how many religious prophets were under the psychedelic effect when they sighted their ancient aliens. gods 🤔

Baron Von Marlon

It's more about the other guy: Brian Muraresku who researched everything from a religious point.
Might remember wrong but his theory is that most religions (if not all) origin from a single ancient one.
Hancock is about civilizations orginating from one ancient one.
So the subject overlap in parts.
True or not, it's interesting if you're into that sort of stuff.

Immortan Jonesy

Hancock is about getting high.  :laugh:

"My first investigation of an ancient mystery was "The Sign and The Seal: A Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant", which I began to research seriously in 1987, shortly after getting into cannabis. "The Sign and The Seal" was published in 1992. During the writing of that book it was my habit to smoke cannabis only in the evenings for an hour or two before going to bed, but things changed from 1992 onwards when I began to work on my next non-fiction historical mystery "Fingerprints of the Gods". This was when I began to smoke cannabis all day long and to experiment with writing while I was stoned. I liked the result and it soon became my practice to light up my first joint (or pipe if it was hash) the moment I sat down at my desk in the morning and then just to carry on smoking all day long until I went to bed – often in the small hours of the morning. This remained my habit thereafter – smoking continuously from morning to night, whether writing or not, and gradually seeking out stronger and stronger strains of the herb."

Giving up the Green Bitch: Reflections on Cannabis, Ayahuasca and the mystery of plant teachers

Also...

Brian Muraresku doesn't seem to be a Scholar. He looks like a Ben Shapiro's younger brother. Well, it's not like Graham Hancock is one anyway.  :-\ I'm not a scholar either, but I don't need to be one to know that they suck.  :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Thought he basically quit and now only smokes (eats) on occasion.

I don't care about their status but more about their theories and (possible) findings.
Hancock was written off for thinking there were big complex societies in the Amazon, which later turned out to be true with all the lydar scans.

Not sure what the person's looks have anything to do with it.
And I can get the scholar thing, but it's not like you can study something on your own.

Edit: There's JRE episode with Hancock, Randall Carlson (geologist) AND Michael Schermer from Skeptic.Com.
Not to prove or disprove any point, just interesting imo.

Baron Von Marlon

SiL

SiL

"No, we know everything about the past"

said no historian or academic ever.

Immortan Jonesy

Yisus madness, the fandom of this woo-woo magician give me goosebumps  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed