AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights

Started by RazorSlash, Aug 05, 2014, 03:15:21 AM

Author
AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights (Read 42,399 times)

Doggo33

Doggo33

I haven't been to either, but from that I'd probably say I preferred the Hollywood one. Mainly because a couple of the facehugger effects in the Orlando one are obvious, as effects. The Orlando one seems significantly shorter as well. That may just be to do with the speed at which both people were walking, but I'd say not. Also, I love the Queen of the Hollywood one.
However, I love the use of real people in the Orlando one. The marines are very cool.

locusta

AVP R.............LOL

PVTDukeMorrison

That Orlando one doe...

Some of the effects were pretty cheap like the facehuggers, still want to go though.

Gate

It looks great but still, no thank you. Unless you buy a season pass I hope you people are ready for 3 hour lines for AvP and the Walking Dead.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Gate on Sep 22, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
It looks great but still, no thank you. Unless you buy a season pass I hope you people are ready for 3 hour lines for AvP and the Walking Dead.

I went two years ago for the Walking Dead maze, those lines are pretty bad, that's why I'm getting a fast pass this year

Vrastal

this gave me a wild idea "weyland yutani centers" various major cities. avp horror houses.

Itll never happen but i can dream

mythology

i went to the orlando avp one.

the 1080p video still is not clear enough to show the little details or to convey the feeling you get when walking into that. plus the video recorder guy is speeding up the pace a little of walking through it with jumps if you look.

As shown you walk towards a truck and what looks like a avp video game building. a pred red targeting laser goes back and forth over the truck. Nothing but glee shoots through you as you walk into the tunnel. smoke machines and flashing lights as if you had stepped into your avp game for real. If you look, as you enter the room with the predator on the table there is a monitor showing everyone walking by in predator vision heat vision mode. a small detail that is entertaining to dance in-front of if you like.

Going in i didn't expect much from the humans, but those marines and personal did a great job. The predators (guys in suits) are tall like they should be and not cheesy. At the end they make ya duck down to walk down a avp air duct briefly where there is 1 alien you cannot back away from. The alien was no different than the other aliens but i think it was the only scary one because you had to get close to it. As a fan your probably not going to be scared of an alien or a predator, but those humans gave me a few jump scares because your not expecting them.

PVTDukeMorrison

Well its official, I'll be heading to Florida on the 17th for a few days with my buddy so he can see some youtube gym guy on the 18th in Miami, then we'll drive down to a hotel in Orlando and go to Universal on the 19th. i'll be sure to post pics as well as my thoughts on the maze (and the others too)

Samus007

Samus007

Me and a few friends went to Universal Orlando last week on a thursday night to see the AvP experience. I have to say, it was pretty awesome. It was the first thing we went to when the gates opened at 6:30 and waited about 35 mins to get into the attraction. I loved it, every bit of it. Seeing it on youtube does not do this thing justice, it was very authentic, and for a halloween house, a 10/10. Of course given that I am 37 and dont really scare all that easy it wasnt scary to me but rather "oooh look at the detail" "Oh wow Predator looks so lifelike" things like that. But, lots of girls were screaming and jumped a few times. It was about as realistic as an attaction could get. My only complain would be that I wish instead of going thru it in a long line, it was done where you can go through it in small groups, to get a better overall experience. O well.

At one point the wait times for AvP were longer than the walking dead. Over 2 hours! So if you are wanting to see AvP be sure to do that FIRST. The lines grow fast and will exceed 90 to 120 minutes very quickly. Also, if you plan on going be prepared to be checked at the gate like you are at an airport. They scan you, pat you down, make you take every little thing out of your pockets, etc. plus massive police presence is there. Which I dont really mind because I felt pretty safe thats for sure.

Oh, and bring $22.00 with you for a really sweet exclusive AvP shirt you can get in the main shop there. I am at work and can't take a pic of mine, but this image attached is the shirt that is for sale there. On the back it has a "Halloween Horror Nights 2014" logo by the neck.

Corporal Hicks

Ah - so that's what that was. RidgeTop messaged me with a picture of that asking if I wanted one. I don't like the teeth on the AVPR Alien.  :(

RidgeTop

Offer's still there if you change your mind, I'll be at HHN in Orlando tomorrow night.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks mate but as much as I love the over-all look, the damn teeth. I'd never wear the thing. xD

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Well, I just went last night and it was great! I really hope its a house that they do again.

Even though the advertisement for it uses a lot of imagery from AvP:R, it was mercifully not designed after it at all. The house was designed as a WY facility complete with facehuggers in jars (a la the ones seen in Aliens), lunging forward against the glass periodically), aliens coming out of the walls, a hive section, the predators were the guys in suits who would pop out at you here and there (one by some hanging skinned bodies) there were colonial marines and it ended with a "vent" that you had to crouch to get through.

Also, early in the house there was a predator on a table with a cheastburster wound, and I was worried that the hideous predalien from AvP:R would be making an appearance; I am glad to say it doesn't.

The house, like any, isn't ever really scary (they might be more effective if there aren't dozens of other people shuffling through with you at the same time), but it certainly was a lot of fun.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like the maze is returning again this year!

QuoteBack by popular demand! Alien Vs. Predator returns for another fight! #UniversalHHN

https://www.facebook.com/HalloweenHorrorNights/photos/a.99951016726.104329.94589241726/10153007986681727/?type=1&permPage=1

System Apollo

Halloween Horror Nights will be bringing back the queen animatronic to their haunted house exhibit.

The exhibit will be coming back this Friday to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.
It is split up in multiple different acts and many of the props are very true to their sources.

The address for Halloween Horror Nights is:

Universal Studios Hollywood
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City,CA 91608
http://behindthethrills.com/2015/09/the-bitch-is-back-get-a-sneak-peek-at-alien-vs-predator-coming-to-halloween-horror-nights-hollywood/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed