Alien: Isolation Release Date Announced

Started by ikarop, Mar 29, 2014, 03:22:24 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Release Date Announced (Read 19,948 times)

Crazy Rich

October works for me.

WinterActual

61 days before my birthday! Awesome!

Xenoscream

Did anyone else notice the difference between the Alien still and the footage of the Alien (about 4 seconds later).

It looked to me like the tubes were different, in the still the headrest / middle spike was very clearly seen, but then in the footage it looked as though it was missing and the tubes were longer more like the newer styles seen in the A:R and AvP films.

Am I going crazy? It's in the video at 30:30.

swarm87

looks like between this and Arkham Knight(and school) October is going to be expensive

Newt66

Amazing; hope theres no delay to the game. A survivor/horror game set in the Alien universe sounds like a Phenomenal combination. PLEASE LET IT BE GOOD  8)

piff

Quote from: Glaive on Mar 30, 2014, 02:34:15 PM
OK...we've basically seen a SINGLE core mechanic stretched over an aledged 20 minute demo...still know very little about the rest of the game.

Appetite is definitely whetted, though I have my Alka-Seltzer on stand-by.

we know there will be no multiplayer game, so once people beat the game once, there is no replay value in this "point and click" adventure game

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: piff on Apr 04, 2014, 08:00:57 PM
OK...we've basically seen a SINGLE core mechanic stretched over an aledged 20 minute demo...still know very little about the rest of the game.

we know there will be no multiplayer game, so once people beat the game once, there is no replay value in this "point and click" adventure game

Are you serious?

Games, especially RPG games have the most replayability and multiplayer while good, is nothing, it's useless plastic once you go offline. 

Kimarhi

Multiplay extends the life of a game. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 04, 2014, 08:08:47 PM
Multiplay extends the life of a game.

Good multiplay.

Valaquen

People didn't replay games before multiplayer, really?

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 04, 2014, 08:26:25 PM

I myself have replayed games plenty and I never got online multiplayer until... well Halo: Reach was my first halo multiplayer experience, Modern Warfare 2 was my first CoD multiplayer experience for examples.

So for games like Halo 3 or the first Modern Warfare I had no online multiplayer, I just re-played the crap out of the campaigns to my hearts content. I still replayed campaigns after getting online multiplayer, only reason I play more multiplayer than campaign is because that's how I choose to use my free time that is significantly less than it was in high school due to college and more responsibility and stuff, but since A:I only has one mode than obviously it'll be the single player I'll be playing.

piff

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 04, 2014, 08:26:25 PM

Im sure many people have replayed point and click games over, but I predict very low sales on this game, simply because with todays market and pirates, thats probably whats going to happen.

after the ACM flop, I doubt people are going to fork over $60+ for a point and click, with no real shooting involved...Most will just torrent it, beat it once, and then that will be the end of the game.....

no online with your friends, no exploring new multiplayer matches, no DLC to look forward to...nothing.

how many times can you play a survival horror point and click before it gets boring? All your doing is running and hiding from an alien the whole game, in a linear game mode

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

We don't even know if it is linear yet. And we don't know if there's any DLC either.

And your so wrong about the market, even people in my college in remote Northern f*cking Ireland are looking forward to it, some are Alien fans and some are simply fans of games like Amnesia and Outlast.
If the game is good it will sell well.

And hopefully the lack of multiplayer will mean there's no braindead COD f*ckwits enter into the Alien fanbase like they did with AVP 2004 and Requiem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed