Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 831,353 times)

SiL

SiL

I've been hearing good things about that one, it's on the list.

Prez

Prez

Loved Pontypool. I was totally engrossed from start to finish. McHattie is brilliant.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i only just realized it was adapted from a book series, may have to check that out

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I still need someone here to watch The Killing of a Sacred Deer on Netflix, so I can discuss it with them!

SiL

SiL

I've seen it and it was f**king amazing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Right? Yorgos Lanthimos often feels like the reincarnation of Stanley Kubrick, even though I recognize they were both alive at the same time. :D

I'm just curious what you personally came away with in regards the identity of Martin (if anything at all).  Is he...

Spoiler
A God like Artemis? A demon? A witch? A powerful hypnotist? Or just the embodiment of karma?
[close]

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
I have no idea and that's actually what I love about it. I like to think that it's actually just sheer force of will being exerted on the family. Martin's just a man, but a man whose being is focused on a singular purpose to the point the universe itself is like "Well I ain't f**kin' with that, I'll do what he wants." I think him being a supernatural entity himself would kind of take away from it a little.

Basically he isn't karma, but he's focusing karma like a laser beam.
[close]

I haven't seen his other stuff yet but it's definitely on the list.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Vertigo

I could have done without the plot being explained twice, but I really liked the film overall.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 11, 2020, 03:38:40 AM
Vertigo

I could have done without the plot being explained twice, but I really liked the film overall.

Watched this properly on recently. Quite a dark rabbit hole journey in the end.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2020, 03:15:14 AM
Spoiler
I have no idea and that's actually what I love about it. I like to think that it's actually just sheer force of will being exerted on the family. Martin's just a man, but a man whose being is focused on a singular purpose to the point the universe itself is like "Well I ain't f**kin' with that, I'll do what he wants." I think him being a supernatural entity himself would kind of take away from it a little.

Basically he isn't karma, but he's focusing karma like a laser beam.
[close]

I haven't seen his other stuff yet but it's definitely on the list.

I heard great things about The Lobster. That's next on my list.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 11, 2020, 03:06:15 PM
I heard great things about The Lobster. That's next on my list.
You're just gonna leave me hangin' on your thoughts on KoaSD? :P

SM

SM

Harbinger Down

Picked this up for next to nothing when the local Video Ezy finally closed down.  Wasn't expecting much as I'd heard it was pretty awful.  It wasn't really.  Henriksen was on form, the other main cast were decent enough.  The supporting cast less so.

I think it's greatest crime (setting aside how derivative it was) was that it didn't really properly showcase ADI's talent with creature effects.  When you think of some of the stuff these guys have done with animatronics over the years - I'm not sure I'd be putting this on the show reel.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I remember the lead up to Hrbinger Down. It was going to show everyone practical creature effects done right. This being after ADI got screwed on The Thing prequel effects.

After watching it I think it sent the wrong message to studios about the future of practical effects. Instead in of showcasing how effective they can be, Harbinger Down looked more like a warning on why you should go CGI.

I know the movie had a miniscule budget, I'm sure that didn't help.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

North by Northwest

One of my favorite Hitchcock films.

"I'm a big girl." "Yes, and in all the right places, too." :laugh:

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Johnny Mnemonic

Jesus Christ. It was like watching the current news. Set in 2021 with an epidemic, scenes of riots in Beijing and people wearing masks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed