Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,578 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Near Dark

This one is okay, but the clumsy third act alone (where Dollman pulls a cure for vampirism right out of his ass) precludes it from the masterpiece status people often attribute to it. And frankly, I don't think the movie would be as highly thought of it wasn't an 80s movie with multiple Aliens actors and a Tangerine Dream score. As far as 80s vampire movies go, Fright Night and The Lost Boys wipe the floor with it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

F/X Murder by Illusion
Hadnt seen this in years so was a pleasant surprise to see it on. Always enjoyable. Hope the sequel is on soon

The Square
Kinda slow and meandering. I understand its meant to be satire but it didnt pull me in at all

Huggs

Huggs

The Crow

"Look..what you've done..to my sheets"

Law Abiding Citizen

"Well, that's what wrenches are for...dumb*ss"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Jun 28, 2020, 07:25:06 PMEnd of Days

One of Schwarzenegger's most underrated movies.

Over the top Gabriel Byrne for the win

Byrne's fantastic in that. Love the bit where he nails the wife and daughter (at the same time) of the poor bloke serving as his right hand :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 29, 2020, 03:43:57 AMBraveheart

Even as someone who studied Wallace at school and knows what a pile of b.s. that movie is, it remains one of my favourites.

Horner's score is quite possibly the best I've ever heard.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 30, 2020, 05:51:47 PMNear Dark

This one is okay, but the clumsy third act alone (where Dollman pulls a cure for vampirism right out of his ass) precludes it from the masterpiece status people often attribute to it. And frankly, I don't think the movie would be as highly thought of it wasn't an 80s movie with multiple Aliens actors and a Tangerine Dream score. As far as 80s vampire movies go, Fright Night and The Lost Boys wipe the floor with it.

Glad it's not just me who doesn't get all the hype for that one. I thought it was boring as sin, despite the great performances from the Aliens family.

As for what I've been wathcing:

Bad Boys for Life

Given the reviews it got, I was expecting so much more from this. It was OK but the first (genuinely good movie) and second (genuinely ridiculous movie) were far more enjoyable.

Heavy Metal

Maybe it's just because I was heavily inebriated, but this was a hell of a lot better than I remembered. It's still clunky by modern standards and it drags a little towards the end (the final vignette, despite being arguably the most ridiculous, is also the most tedious), but nonetheless it's mad that this even exists and the soundtrack is ace.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 01, 2020, 08:38:06 AM

Heavy Metal

Maybe it's just because I was heavily inebriated, but this was a hell of a lot better than I remembered. It's still clunky by modern standards and it drags a little towards the end (the final vignette, despite being arguably the most ridiculous, is also the most tedious), but nonetheless it's mad that this even exists and the soundtrack is ace.

That soundtrack is Pure Gold

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've got the CD somewhere. Might have to dig it out off the back of watching the movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 30, 2020, 05:51:47 PM
Near Dark

People assigning Near Dark "Masterpiece status" might be a bit of hyperbole there  :) but I'm one of its unabashed fans.  Also I disagree with the premise it's highly thought of due to having Aliens actors. It's a discredit to Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton's enjoyable performances, especially when the role features Bill going full Paxton, it's so much fun regardless of his other roles in Weird Science, Aliens or Predator 2.  :P

And Fright Night I like. But Lost Boys? Passssss...  ;D

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 01, 2020, 08:38:06 AM
Heavy Metal

Whenever The 5th Element is on, it takes me back to Heavy Metal!

Kradan

Kradan

Conan the Barbarian (2011)

Caught the glimpses of it on TV. Am I the only one who thought that Perlman would fit the role better ?

Huggs

Huggs

The Incredible Hulk

Gladiator

Prez

Prez

Eurovision - the story of Fire Saga

Will Ferrell being Will Ferrell - so if you like his style then you'll find some laughs. Rachel McAdams ... well I could just watch her all day  ;D

Dan Stevens steals the film though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

1492: Conquest of Paradise

It may not have the best or most historically accurate script, but Ridley directs the living shit out of it for sure.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jackie Brown

"I ain't gettin' in no got damn dirty ass trunk for no minute!"

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 03, 2020, 04:52:09 AM
Jackie Brown

Such a great movie and the book was just as good!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 03, 2020, 04:52:09 AMJackie Brown

The last Tarantino movie I really loved.

I've enjoyed his films since well enough, but they've become way too self-indulgent and I've never felt inclined to watch any of them a second time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed