What do you think of being able to "hide" from the Alien?

Started by Jegeren, Apr 25, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Author
What do you think of being able to "hide" from the Alien? (Read 24,184 times)

Jegeren

With Xenomorphs almost always having the ability to smell your pheromones and thus making it almost impossible to hide from them, what do you think of being able to hide from them? I am surprised I have not seen more mention of this.

Kimarhi

Proof imo that Fox doesn't care about canon, its just a label they slap on things to sell.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Also it doesn't matter because the majority of the EU is garbage.
Only the films of each individual series seem to matter.
That being "Predator" and "Alien" not any spin-offs.

We can only hope the new comics will set a good precedent for a new style of EU along with Alien: Isolation and ditch the corny shit of the past.

SM

Newt managed to hide from them.

Kimarhi

I think this is meant more in the context of the games where the Alien could see auras...sometimes even through walls.

Which if an Alien could do that now if you were in the same room you'd be automatically screwed.

Cal427eb

Space Voyager

Newt is definitely an element that reminds me not to fall into "allseeing perfect being" frenzy. Until the canon tells us they kept her as a pet. ;)

Kimarhi

Since I take the movies as canon over everything then I always thought they saw much like humanity did due to Alien 3. 

Cal427eb

Quote from: Space Voyager on Apr 25, 2014, 04:11:18 AM
Newt is definitely an element that reminds me not to fall into "allseeing perfect being" frenzy. Until the canon tells us they kept her as a pet. ;)
wut

Seegson

Seegson

Ripley, at her first attempt trying to reach the Narcissus, was like 5 meters away from the alien (she hid behind the corner of the corridor)...and the alien didnt notice her at all.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 25, 2014, 04:57:55 AM
Quote from: Space Voyager on Apr 25, 2014, 04:11:18 AM
wut

Might make more sense if they kept her around as bait.

Quote from: Seegson on Apr 25, 2014, 08:39:12 AM
Ripley, at her first attempt trying to reach the Narcissus, was like 5 meters away from the alien (she hid behind the corner of the corridor)...and the alien didnt notice her at all.

It shot upright and turned around at a blinding speed - it certainly noticed something.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jegeren on Apr 25, 2014, 12:47:18 AM
With Xenomorphs almost always having the ability to smell your pheromones and thus making it almost impossible to hide from them, what do you think of being able to hide from them? I am surprised I have not seen more mention of this.

Considering that was only ever really shown in the games, I'm not fussed. As long as the game itself is good, I'm happy with it taking liberties against the other games.

gabgrave

In the first place, none of the movies explicitly described or showed how an Alien can perceive it's prey from out of direct sight. It was only in the literature and games that we have the glowing halos around living sentient beings, and they contradict themselves with some saying it's pheromones, the other saying telepathy, and a third saying both. Even the Predator movies show how it's tech can track it's prey.

Kimarhi

........aside from those Alien POV shots in Alien 3.

SM

Quote from: Seegson on Apr 25, 2014, 08:39:12 AM

Yes it did.  It turned and looked straight at her, then comes to check her out - only she's run off and left Jones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed