PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,347 times)

MrSpaceJockey

If this has been posted already, I apologize!

Ultramorph

Alien: Paradise Lost, huh? Sounds good to me.

hfeldhaus

Wonder if it will take the themes from the book.

A little wikipedia synopsis for everyone:

QuoteMilton's story has two narrative arcs, one about Satan (Lucifer) and the other following Adam and Eve. It begins after Satan and the other rebel angels have been defeated and banished to Hell, or, as it is also called in the poem, Tartarus. In Pandæmonium, Satan employs his rhetorical skill to organise his followers; he is aided by Mammon and Beelzebub. Belial and Moloch are also present. At the end of the debate, Satan volunteers to poison the newly created Earth and God's new and most favoured creation, Mankind. He braves the dangers of the Abyss alone in a manner reminiscent of Odysseus or Aeneas. After an arduous traversal of the Chaos outside Hell, he enters God's new material World, and later the Garden of Eden.

Darkness

Very surprising indeed. I never expected them to drop the Prometheus name considering it was supposed to be its own franchise.

DoomRulz

I'm going to assume this is partially a joke. That title is awful.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Much like the reveal of titles such as Star Wars Episode 1's title The Phantom Menace" and Star Wars The Force Awaken my reaction was, "YE... WTF? Um, interesting title. :/

Beatnation

I posted this first, ty.

TheBATMAN

What an awful title. Surely just 'Paradise Lost' would have been better, without the Alien moniker?

Darkness

If it was just Paradise Lost, the average Joe wouldn't know that it's related to Prometheus. I can see the reasoning behind it. They should have done the same thing with the first movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 24, 2015, 04:53:04 PM
Wonder if it will take the themes from the book.

Yeah, Milton's poem is essentially about civil war. If it follows the same themes it might be about the good Engineers vs the bad Engineers. In an old Prometheus interview Scott likened the Engineers to the dark angels of John Milton's Paradise Lost.

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 24, 2015, 04:53:16 PM
Very surprising indeed. I never expected them to drop the Prometheus name considering it was supposed to be its own franchise.

Prometheus: Paradise Lost would have made more sense but the Alien brand will probably have more marketing power.

Samus007

Oh I love the title! Very happy to see "Alien" back!

Soupmaster

Yeah, but all fans alike agree that Prometheus was indeed a prequel to the franchise. I like it better that way anyway. The Alien saga is the best movie series of all time, so relating more movies to it seems appeasing.

Alien³

Alien³

So does this mean the Prometheus section of the forums is going to move inside the Alien Films section?

I think it's a great title.

Prometheus
Alien: Paradise Lost
Untitled sequel (planned)
Untitled sequel (planned)

Alien
Aliens....................................Bloomkamp's Untitled Alien film
Alien³
Alien: Resurrection

GQSioux

Interesting move. I could've lived with PROMETHEUS: ALIEN PARADISE.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 24, 2015, 05:23:24 PM
They should have done the same thing with the first movie.

It was Alien: Engineers originally until they got Lindelof in and everything went to pot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed