NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 90,943 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Seems to be about the height that their Engineer should have been, and I know it's accurate to Ian Whyte's height in comparison to Michael Fassbender's but I think it's a bit of a cheap card to play when it's clear that during the film there's camera trickery going on (LOTR) to make you believe he's about 10ft' tall rather than 7ft' tall. So, I'll always be a little peeved about that, especially because Predator already gets so much stuff- however I will say that it's good to get a size comparison and see the sculpt on both figures, as well as that most of the others not reusing parts are outstanding.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Nice find! The Upgrade is for sure quite a bit taller from the side by side there. I do like the figure design a lot & just hope they execute this Upgrade Predator well in the film too ;D

Still Collating...

Yes, been searching for a size comparison! Thanks.

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 24, 2018, 01:55:24 AM
Seems to be about the height that their Engineer should have been, and I know it's accurate to Ian Whyte's height in comparison to Michael Fassbender's but I think it's a bit of a cheap card to play when it's clear that during the film there's camera trickery going on (LOTR) to make you believe he's about 10ft' tall rather than 7ft' tall. So, I'll always be a little peeved about that, especially because Predator already gets so much stuff- however I will say that it's good to get a size comparison and see the sculpt on both figures, as well as that most of the others not reusing parts are outstanding.

Agreed, the Neca Engineers really should have been as big as Upgrade. I hope the final product version of Upgrade is as detailed as the model (or close to the level of detail).

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

I don't have a lot of room around but I have the Predators trio, the AVP trio and a double pack of battle damaged CH and unmasked JH so pretty much out of obligation I'll have to pick up these figures. I still think Fugitive Predator has a pretty silly looking mask but maybe it'll grow on me.

Speaking of film figures can I get an updated Wolf please? Quick google search tells me there's one on the way eventually which is good because he's got one of my favourite designs. 

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Wolf is also ridiculously expensive on the market.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The OG Wolf figure also hasn't aged that well compared to the modern, super-articulated Predators that NECA cranks out now. An updated version will be a welcome replacement.

Still Collating...

Randy has confirmed many times that upgraded Wolf is coming. Probably in 2019 by the end of the year. He showed on Twitter a pic of the articulation plan or even maybe a prototype, can't remember, but it looked awesome.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Nice! Figure looks pretty good from that shot.

Curious if anyone knows if the legs have ball joints at the hip? Or do the legs just swivel/rotate at the top? I'd assume there are ball joints..

Master

Master

They are ball-jointed

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Master

Master

Oh God, it's beautiful.

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully you take him out and behind the plastic there's a naked version like on the operating table.
That'd be neat.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Alright, i'll get one... Sheesh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed