The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 89,493 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator hi my friend , I cannot really say without spoilers , but it's fair to say it's not the predator formula we are all used to , naturally that is going to upset a lot of fans. That's what I meant by a dangerous game. I read the script again a few days ago and I have come to like the plot , there are still a few wtf moments , but overall it's not as bad as I first thought.

I know iv contradicted myself I apologise for that , honestly I don't think the plot is anywhere near as bad as people have made out , including myself. Now I have read it a few times it's grown on me to be honest. My only issue is the comedic tone.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 04:01:31 PM
Original predator hi my friend , I cannot really say without spoilers , but it's fair to say it's not the predator formula we are all used to , naturally that is going to upset a lot of fans. That's what I meant by a dangerous game. I read the script again a few days ago and I have come to like the plot , there are still a few wtf moments , but overall it's not as bad as I first thought.

I know iv contradicted myself I apologise for that , honestly I don't think the plot is anywhere near as bad as people have made out , including myself. Now I have read it a few times it's grown on me to be honest. My only issue is the comedic tone.

Ahhh finally !  :laugh:

You're joining in the positive bandwagon ! Haha more seriously though, too much humor can be dangerous IMO, but i honestly liked a lot of the jokes and comical situations,
Spoiler
the loonies at McKenna's wife house, Coyle's jokes about Baxley's mom, some of the humor they display in Florida... worked well with me  ;D
[close]

ELDERCLANLEADER

BigDaddyJohn .. yeah I guess I am actually , perhaps I'm lazy and don't like change.

Some of the jokes works but too much and it kills it , this is my concern too.

I don't know but there is plenty to sink our teeth into when it comes out. ;)

skull-splitter

I'm really afraid they will undermine what has been estsablished in previous films. In a way, Predators did that too.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull splitter that was my fear too , but Iv come to like the new take on the aliens reasons for being here. It's still not a road I would of gone down if I was making it however, I suppose Iv realised I can kick and scream as much as I want it's not going to xhange anything the film is coming the way it is, so I better find reasons now for liking it.

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER my friend I am surprised(in a good way) by your optimistic approach!  :)

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 05:03:26 PM
Skull splitter that was my fear too , but Iv come to like the new take on the aliens reasons for being here. It's still not a road I would of gone down if I was making it however, I suppose Iv realised I can kick and scream as much as I want it's not going to xhange anything the film is coming the way it is, so I better find reasons now for liking it.

Which means the "climate change" agenda will be peddled.

Great. Politics in a Pred film.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 24, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

There was politics in the first Predator movie. In a different way, but politics still.

ELDERCLANLEADER

BigDaddyJohn ... you hit the nail on its head AGAIN!

The original predator was very much a product of its time , Vietnam was still fresh in the public minds of America etc. Predator clearly took inspiration from the films around that time, so I'm of agreement that the first did have political undertones.

Why can't this new film be a product of "our" time ?

@azamatic ... Iv decided to join the dark side mwahahahaha!!!!  ;)

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER Welcome to the team, doors open both ways  ;)

PS. It would be funny if in the end movie going to suck big time and we are all going to be disappointed and we will say ELDERCLANLEADER and Petr you were right guys mwahahahhaha   ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

I'll be the first to say what an idiot I am for jinxing it  😂

Remember the whole "we are going to die" line in aliens ? Hopefully it's only me that dies and you guys survive  ;D

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER man Hicks was badass, still sad that this character died in Aliens. But no, we are not going to leave you comrade ;)

Huggs

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 24, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

If film is to be considered a form of art, then I would say that art and politics have indeed been inseparable for quite some time now. The possibility of a political sermon being worked into a predator film, is not necessarily surprising.

Stealth_Hunter

I doubt anyone will walk away thinking the film had purpose in spreading environmental awareness, we'll be too busy high-fiving over the spine rips. Well, I will at least.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I agree huggs , the way I see it things have been going on in the world that are simply unheard of in our time and while I'm not going to turn this page into a political discussion, we live in very dangerous times not seen since the Cold War , to me cinema , art and music should be reflecting our world the way the 70s and 80s did. I'm sure that's why there is such an over saturation in super hero movies at the moment , Yano good vs evil etc because as it stands it's going to need a spiderman or iron man to save us from the mess we have all found ourselves in.  Let's not forget Godzilla wouldn't exist without the atomic bombing of Japan. The empire in Star Wars was heavily influenced by the nazis. To the point political under tones in films are nothing new , especially with fantasy,  Just my two cents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed