New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,791 times)

cliffhanger

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 03, 2017, 12:15:03 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 02, 2017, 06:53:17 PM
Spoiler
All this talk about the creatures David bombs not being Engineers is really interesting. I wasn't inclined to believe it, but now multiple sources have said it, so I'm starting to wonder.
[close]

Same here, it's quite interesting. I look forward to finding out when the film finally comes out and I don't mind which ever answer it turns out to be.

i have mentioned it quite a couple of times and got burned for it multiple times..........been saying it all along.

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
All this talk about the creatures David bombs not being Engineers is really interesting. I wasn't inclined to believe it, but now multiple sources have said it, so I'm starting to wonder.
[close]

I'm fairly certain that anyone who thinks this is going to be disappointed. It was definitely the intent when they were filming Covenant that they are Engineers. Unless they're really butchering the film in the post - which I don't believe they are - it's likely that that intent has remained the same.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:51:37 AM
Quote from: MajorB on Apr 03, 2017, 12:45:59 AM
If they removed the Engineer massacre from one cut of the film and are now reinstating it with different creatures, is it possible that Ridley and/or Fox backpedaled at the very last minute on killing off the Engineers?

Anything is possible. But IMO it's far more likely the planet is exactly what the official synopsis says it is, that those were the Engineers, and that a handful of eyewitnesses have mistaken different clothes, perhaps a slightly different design or just the wrong glimpse for 'something else'.

That's exactly what I believe is happening here.

Protozoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 07:47:25 AM
Spoiler
[close]

I'm fairly certain that anyone who thinks this is going to be disappointed. It was definitely the intent when they were filming Covenant that they are Engineers. Unless they're really butchering the film in the post - which I don't believe they are - it's likely that that intent has remained the same.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:51:37 AM
Quote from: MajorB on Apr 03, 2017, 12:45:59 AM
If they removed the Engineer massacre from one cut of the film and are now reinstating it with different creatures, is it possible that Ridley and/or Fox backpedaled at the very last minute on killing off the Engineers?

Anything is possible. But IMO it's far more likely the planet is exactly what the official synopsis says it is, that those were the Engineers, and that a handful of eyewitnesses have mistaken different clothes, perhaps a slightly different design or just the wrong glimpse for 'something else'.

That's exactly what I believe is happening here.
I think I recall reading that Scott wasn't 100 percent happy with how the prosthetics for the Engineers turned out in Prometheus. I dunno if it was a budget thing or what, but my best guess is that the design of the Engineers has been refined, and they appear more expressive/human, which might be confusing. Does anybody else recall Scott being unsatisfied with the Engineer makeup? I think it was specifically a facial thing, if I am recalling  accurately.

Godzillakuj94

Possibly the brow and nose region as I recall he had to CG that area to get the desired look.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

Strange, my post seems to have been hijacked or something. Everything below the line of how I love how crazy the plot sounds wasn't written by me.... it sounds far too whiny really.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, 2 guest accounts posted after each other causes them to merge.

SpeedyMaxx

It would hardly be unlike Ridley to change something on a whim. My speculation is he has played with the Engineer design a bit, which is fine.

rabidranger

If these are in fact the Engineers and Paradise their home world it's a pretty fascinating glimpse into their civilization IMO. Interesting to see the juxtaposition between old and new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed