Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 146,683 times)

Darkoo

It turns out that Ridley Scott's recent comments that Prometheus would be a departure from the Aliens series are somewhat misleading.

An exclusive source has told us that not only are HR Giger's classic aliens in it, but that they're integral to the plot.

Mere hours after the announcement that Michael Fassbender is locked in to play an android with rumoured links to Aliens' Bishop series, our insider sources have revealed that he's not the only one with strong links to the series' past.

Alien 27This is back too...."They've built the 'space jockey' cockpit at Pinewood as seen in the original Alien film, so it definitely takes place in the same world as Alien", they told us.

"Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."

And as for Scott's comments noting that "keen fans will recognise strands of Alien's DNA"?

It turns out there was the slightest hint of misdirection - apparently the actual DNA of the xenomorphs is integral to the plot - and will see the cast jet off to the alien homeworld itself.

"Part of the film will be shot in Morocco. I've heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world. I've also heard Morocco is being used for alien planet landscapes so I'm not sure if it's an archaeological dig on another planet," they revealed.

It gets weirder too, with Damon Lindelof's script set to crank up the sci-fi angle to maximum effect.

"The main spaceship in the film will be piloted by an enormous head which I assume will be CGI. Yep, sounds weird but I assume some of the technology will be sort of biomechanical."

http://movies.sky.com/exclusive-prometheus-plot-reveal-aliens-are-in-it

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM
An exclusive source has told us that not only are HR Giger's classic aliens in it, but that they're integral to the plot.
Exclusive, of course, let's see if it is reliable also... which, in all honesty I can have, I doubt.

Vulhala

Sky isn't your little backwater wordpress blog mate. They wouldn't post it if they weren't sure, and at their level, they're likely to have many ties to the movie industry.

But on a MORE serious note, I SERIOUSLY DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS.

RIDLEY. PRESS RELEASE. NAO.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting. Ill frontpage it when I get home. Cautiously pleased.

Keyes

Sky are more likely to have someone sniffing around Pinewood studios, being both UK based.

Valaquen

When I first heard Scott was doing the Alien Prequel I was like

Then I heard it wasn't gonna be an Alien prequel and I felt like

Now I'm ... there is no gif out there to express my paradoxical feelings of confusion, happiness, and caution.

Ghost Rider

Why do I not believe this?

Vulhala

Because of how we've been put through the ringer lately?

As I said though, Sky isn't some fan site. It's a media outlet first and foremost. If they say someone inside the camp told them this, then I for one believe it.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Vulhala on Jan 27, 2011, 03:58:38 PM
Because of how we've been put through the ringer lately?

As I said though, Sky isn't some fan site. It's a media outlet first and foremost. If they say someone inside the camp told them this, then I for one believe it.

I'll keep my eye on this one.

Bad Replicant

Man, I don't even know anymore.

Vulhala

I've just been downstairs to talk to my mate who writes for Empire. He said this was news to him, but he's going to reach out and see if he can get anymore info from Fox. Even if just to deny it.

I'll post up developments as soon as I get them.

Purebreedalien

Please be true! Please be true!

Corporal Hicks

I'll also get in touch with both Fox US and UK.

Vulhala

I just tweeted Ridley as well (@RidScott), although I seriously doubt I'll hear anything  :laugh:

Purebreedalien

You guys and your connections... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed