The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,934 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Interesting - you can customize the alien's color and spikes on its head...

RagingDragon

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Sep 04, 2012, 11:38:50 PM
Interesting - you can customize the alien's color and spikes on its head...

Wut?  Haven't watched this latest vid yet... but that sounds like it could go either way.  Could get some really cool designs or some lime-green Call of Duty failiens. :laugh:  At least there are more options.  Options!

I just wanted to laugh at Penny Arcade interview worrying about the game being 'bro-heavy.' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Holy hilarious, but I agree completely with the interviewer on his concerns.  It doesn't look very scary to me either.

Still, I have to give these bastards credit. :-\  I don't want to, but they've managed to even out their fail with some smashing success.

They would be so golden if the Pitchman could keep a lid on it.  "We like to let the game speak for itself" during the panel almost made me slap myself, lol.

PVTDukeMorrison

Am I the only one who's video is blurry and choppy?

ikarop

Live Streaming has its downsides. The video is indeed blurry and choppy (not much tho).

RagingDragon

It's bad on fullscreen, but windowed is good and I'm not getting any choppy.  God, if I never hear the word xeno used again in my life...  :laugh:

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 05, 2012, 02:56:08 AM
God, if I never hear the word xeno used again in my life...  :laugh:
totally sick of it as well

That's why I go by bug stomper when in-game.

Ash 937

At the 3:20 mark...

Did the announcer just confirm that Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn did voice work for the game too?!?

I know that it was announced earlier that the actors who played Apone and Drake did voice work for A:CM but this is the first time I heard anything about Paxton and Biehn being directly involved with this game.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 05, 2012, 03:17:09 AM
At the 3:20 mark...

Did the announcer just confirm that Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn did voice work for the game too?!?

I know that it was announced earlier that the actors who played Apone and Drake did voice work for A:CM but this is the first time I heard anything about Paxton and Biehn being directly involved with this game.

They did, if you watch the panel that they had at pax on the gearbox forums, they talk about what it was like working with Michael Biehn in the studio

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yeah I heard dude say they were both involved.  Biehn makes my lower parts all tingly. ;) :laugh:  Pretty much have to buy it now.

Edit - Just watched the 56 minute video all the way through, dear gawd do those announcers descend to a level of annoyance that is ear-scratching.

acrediblesource

It felt like an "AS SEEN ON TV" infomercial where the guys are auctioning stuff off at discount prices. :P

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 05, 2012, 03:23:07 AM
Yeah I heard dude say they were both involved.  Biehn makes my lower parts all tingly. ;) :laugh:  Pretty much have to buy it now.

Edit - Just watched the 56 minute video all the way through, dear gawd do those announcers descend to a level of annoyance that is ear-scratching.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 05, 2012, 03:23:07 AM

WHO'S HAVING FUN.
LETS HAVE IT UP FOR PAXXX
LETS HAVE IT UP FOR ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES
LETS HAVE IT UP FOR GEARBOX FOR BRINGING THIS GAME
LETS HAVE IT UP FOR ME
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

R Lar

Just went out and pre ordered my collectors edition! More than excited for this game!

Though, not really too excited about whats coming inside of it. I mean the statue is cool, but a lot of the things such as the four movie characters, ripleys flamethrower, and the additional customization you can get just by pre ordering.

So that leaves only the firing range and the two weapons (SEBB/Phase Plasma). Kinda makes me wonder if getting the collectors edition is really worth the extra 50 dollars? I guess what I'm saying is I would prefer more in game content rather than some patches that will sit inside my nightstand.

BTW Why does the Pulse Rifle have a 40 round clip?! I remember a while back that a leaked image for the CE came out and it had the "classic pulse rifle" and also I think one of the developers said something about the original being in game with the ammo counter on the opposite side of the gun. Hope thats still in the game.

SM

QuoteGod, if I never hear the word xeno used again in my life...

'ken oath.  Geez it's grating...

WinterActual

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 04, 2012, 08:51:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1AHvOxRAAI#ws
Who's the fourth guy? Is that the basic Winter layout? God damn if so! This guy is really badass! I want to play as him!

alanwu1233

Why they keep showing multiplayer footages?
Story mode is the main course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed