The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 62,102 times)

SM

Quote from: Adam802 on Sep 03, 2012, 01:43:34 AM
so any other announcements from the panel?...

Yes.  On the topic of playable females, The Pitchman said "While we're now including playable female characters - which we intended to all along, honest - said playable females look like stereotypical video game chicks, and completely unlike their distinctly unglamourous filmic counterparts.  SUCKERS!!!  ...oh you can edit that last part out right?"

WinterActual

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 02, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

I'm only saying that limiting the number of players slows the pace of the game. Allowing more time to think and strategize. Rather than just zipping all over the place which quite frankly is boring... fun at times but does nothing for replay ability.
ZPS features 24 players at once, starting with 3 zombie players vs 21 survivors and it works pretty well. The Zombie team wins in 99% of the time, no matter if the map is Objective based or Survival type.

Berserker Pred

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 02, 2012, 11:34:10 PM
Great news there guys and (a confirmed ;)) congrats Moosh!

In other news, I found this YouTube vid posted today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TdDo3hVZ0#ws) which reveals that there will be 5 alien classes on launch; the lurker, soldier and spitter are standard classes available at match start, there will be 2 alien classes which require a xeno to 'evolve' into mid-match, those being the crusher and an unannounced xeno (anyone else hoping for the queen?). Beware there are some minor story spoilers regarding WY and the Sulaco, nothing too surprising though.

I saw that too and it will be good if it's a queen or praetorian but it would also be great to see a new original type of alien like the crusher.

FightFinda

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Sep 03, 2012, 12:20:10 PM
Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 02, 2012, 11:34:10 PM
Great news there guys and (a confirmed ;)) congrats Moosh!

In other news, I found this YouTube vid posted today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TdDo3hVZ0#ws) which reveals that there will be 5 alien classes on launch; the lurker, soldier and spitter are standard classes available at match start, there will be 2 alien classes which require a xeno to 'evolve' into mid-match, those being the crusher and an unannounced xeno (anyone else hoping for the queen?). Beware there are some minor story spoilers regarding WY and the Sulaco, nothing too surprising though.

I saw that too and it will be good if it's a queen or praetorian but it would also be great to see a new original type of alien like the crusher.

I personally hope they include one of the already established xeno breeds like a queen or praetorian but I can't see that happening for 2 reasons:

1. The Praetorian, going off what I've seen, is not really on a par with the crusher in that it seems to small and similar in utilisation to the warrior/soldier; the queen on the otherhand seems totally overpowered compared to the crusher so could only be used if their different stages 'evolvement' if you get my meaning.

2. These 2 xenos (the crusher and the as yet unannounced xeno) may only be used if the player reaches an 'evolve' location. This concept of evolvement suggests that they are totally new and unique breeds of xenos only produced by the specific events which unfolded on LV-426, when the atmo. blew up, meaning that this will be similar to the crusher and spitter in that we have never seen it before.

I don't know about you guys but I find that disappointing since the only original, playable xeno sub-species we can play as are the lurker (giger alien) and soldier (warrior). They are missing out so many including the runner, praetorian, queen, facehugger & chestburster, and you could possibly even include the carrier and ravager aliens from AVP:E.

WinterActual

The praetorian is not exactly "original" since it's not from the movie so we can not say its cannon but if thats the case they should remove all the new xenos. Anyway, I don't think they will add the Praet because the Crusher is somehow the same type of enemy, the only difference being that the Crusher walks on all four while the Praet is bipedal.

Predaker

Here is an interview from PAX, but the lady doing the interview is only pretending to play the games. The clips of gameplay for A:CM are "borrowed" from the gameplay clips Ikarop posted from the Brian Burleson interview.

Also the part where she pretends to play "Dishonored," she is not wearing headphones, just making faces while standing next to someone who is sitting down and actually playing.

Journalism at its finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ErEXoOuFg#ws

ikarop

T4P. Updated the list.

Predaker

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 31, 2012, 08:03:43 PM

Here's just to compare what it used to look like.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/aliens_colonial_marines-mar02.jpg

EARLY screen before the eggs were more ADIed.  :-[

Those are ADI eggs in the early screenshots also. Look closer...

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Predaker on Sep 03, 2012, 09:34:44 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 31, 2012, 08:03:43 PM

Here's just to compare what it used to look like.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/aliens_colonial_marines-mar02.jpg

EARLY screen before the eggs were more ADIed.  :-[

Those are ADI eggs in the early screenshots also. Look closer...

Even AVP 1999 has ADI eggs

FightFinda

I don't see the problem, those eggs look bang on to me. I am disappointed that game doesn't utilise the alien life cycle however, but oh well, can't have everything! :D

RagingDragon

It's true, all of the eggs look like they have balls. :laugh:  Must be for implanting boy aliens to play on alien little league teams.  On that note, is an alien born from a child like, a midget?

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 04, 2012, 05:05:21 AM
It's true, all of the eggs look like they have balls. :laugh:
For me they looked like tits  :-\

9th_Stew

cute girl.

Blacklabel

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 04, 2012, 05:05:21 AMOn that note, is an alien born from a child like, a midget?

Something to think about, indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed