The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,250 times)

Njm1983

Honestly I think limiting it to 4 vs 4 was a game play decision. I'm thinking its to prevent the game becoming like avp 2010 where the aliens would just swarm from every direction without tactics to pretty much overwhelm their targets. In my opinion gearbox wants to manage the level of intensity and carnage in the multi player experience rather than have it reduced to running and gunning / hack slash run tactics. In avp large games had you dieing as quick as every 10 seconds which just frustrates players.

WinterActual

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 02, 2012, 08:50:13 PM
where the aliens would just swarm from every direction without tactics to pretty much overwhelm their targets.
Thats movie accurate so..  :laugh:

Njm1983

Well if we are going that route.... then the game should have 12 alien players and only 4 marines at a time. ;D

I'm only saying that limiting the number of players slows the pace of the game. Allowing more time to think and strategize. Rather than just zipping all over the place which quite frankly is boring... fun at times but does nothing for replay ability.

Nightlord

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 02, 2012, 08:19:56 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 02, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 02, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
There's new gameplay in this interview (I think I see Apone and Hudson in there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskFu286r6U#ws
Hope there's a holographic sight too, really don't like RDS.

Sorry for my ignorance but, what do you mean by RDS? Also, I like your avatar and sig ;).
Thank you  :), and RDS just means red dot sight.

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 02, 2012, 08:52:15 PM
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/sega-alien-shooter/1225957p1.html
QuoteThese waypoints also serve as a temporary safe zone from the xenos so we could pick up some armor, reload ammo, and swap weapons. Once we were all set it was back to trudging through the infested tunnels. Each of the waypoints have a specific goal, like using a blowtorch to open a sealed door or waiting for an elevator. But until that door opens or the elevator arrives, our backs are up against a wall constantly killing members of Team Xenomorph.

This truly does sound like the 'Alien' mode I've always wanted, can't fricken wait.

Predaker

I am fine with 4v4 and the game is looking great. They don't need AI bots for the Aliens in escape. The human controlled xenos get to respawn after a few seconds so they should have no problem with keeping up the pressure against the marines. Once you start adding more xenos like AI, then they would have to nerf the aliens and that sounds bad to me. I think the current setup is better.

Can't wait to play! :)

PVTDukeMorrison

Thank god the marines only have one life

Predaker

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 02, 2012, 09:09:16 PM
Thank god the marines only have one life

I believe dead marines get to respawn if the living marines manage to complete the next objective.

FightFinda

In one of the screenshots you can see one marine trying to help an incapacitated marine back up onto his feet, have we heard any news regarding whether or not marine players will be able to heal and/or revive their allies?

ShadowPred

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 02, 2012, 09:26:22 PM
In one of the screenshots you can see one marine trying to help an incapacitated marine back up onto his feet, have we heard any news regarding whether or not marine players will be able to heal and/or revive their allies?

Jesus...I hope so.

Njm1983

In the 2 new interviews it seemed as though marines were able to shoot off aliens that had pounced onto marine buddies and help them up afterward, the recent one shows an alien literally "ground and pounding" a marine before being killed, the clip cuts before the downed player gets up, but it seemed he was saved.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Well if I wasn't sold before (which I am ;)) I definitely would be then :).

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 02, 2012, 09:37:53 PM
In the 2 new interviews it seemed as though marines were able to shoot off aliens that had pounced onto marine buddies and help them up afterward, the recent one shows an alien literally "ground and pounding" a marine before being killed, the clip cuts before the downed player gets up, but it seemed he was saved.

Sounds promising, I'll be looking at those vids tonight but I'm not holding out on it until we get some clear footage and maybe a spoken confirmation. It might not be healing/reviving but it's half way there I suppose.

By the way, does anyone else remember someone saying (I'm pretty sure it was Randy) about how health regenerated but armour did not, and when armour had been damaged beyond repair (possibly due to acid - this sounds like a nod to Hick's being sprayed with acid in the elevator and how he had to remove the armour) the player would cast his armour to the ground?

Moosh89

Here is some more screens from that gameplay video:

Hudson:

Apone:

(Someone can lighten this up)

and look!!!

A new set of armour to pick up!

Sexy Poot

Purple neon armor. I'm in.

Adam802

GBX panel is about to start.  can't wait to hear new info hopefully. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed