Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 91,305 times)

Kradan

Looks different but familiar.

Perfect-Organism

I'm buying this.  I'm actually trying to avoid owning a stack of comics, but I support this creative initiative.

What I am baffled about is how do comics get sold in the age of Coronavirus.  I don't know about other regions but here in Toronto, comic book stores are closed by law.  Some people don't think they're essential.

molasar

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 14, 2020, 02:00:02 AM
I'm buying this.  I'm actually trying to avoid owning a stack of comics, but I support this creative initiative.

What I am baffled about is how do comics get sold in the age of Coronavirus.  I don't know about other regions but here in Toronto, comic book stores are closed by law.  Some people don't think they're essential.

They sell them in a digital format too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 14, 2020, 02:00:02 AMI'm buying this.  I'm actually trying to avoid owning a stack of comics, but I support this creative initiative.

Digital, plus online sellers can deliver a physical copy.

Russ840

Currently Dark Horse are not releasing anything digitally while Diamond Distribution is not shipping physical copies out.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 14, 2020, 08:58:14 AM
Currently Dark Horse are not releasing anything digitally while Diamond Distribution is not shipping physical copies out.

This may be the exception where they do a digital release because Alien Day. It's still slated for April 22nd on the Dark Horse website so we'll see what happens.

Corporal Hicks

Unsurprisingly it wasn't released yesterday, but no new release date.

Xiggz456

Ya Russ was right. I was hoping for the sake of Alien Day that this would be the exception but alas...

cloverfan98

Any hope that DH would follow this up with a comic based on the Alien Engineers script?

Corporal Hicks

Depends if they've already got that planned, if their license is still live, how well this and Predator do. The Alien 3 one sold a good bit better than most of their normal Alien series.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 23, 2020, 05:51:40 PM
Depends if they've already got that planned, if their license is still live, how well this and Predator do. The Alien 3 one sold a good bit better than most of their normal Alien series.

Oh crap I didn't even think about that but DH may loose it because of Disney? I can't imagine Marvel doing Alien/Predator/AVP comics.

Corporal Hicks

Diamond is apparently aiming for the 20th of May to start distributing again.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2020, 04:57:28 PM
Diamond is apparently aiming for the 20th of May to start distributing again.

You can be certain that every title has been pushed back. So I don't think we will see any Alien or Predator related material until 27th at the earliest. If we are lucky, and that would be Alien: The Original Screenplay.

There is still a couple of weeks of other unreleased Dark Horse comics to come first.

Dark Horse still have all their upcoming catalogue of singles pulled from comiXology.   

Russ840

Russ840

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3005-495/Alien-The-Original-Screenplay-1

So looks like the first issue is being released on August 5th and then issues 2 and 3 are September and October respectively. 

None of the other comics have release dates yet.

Strangely, comiXology has it list for release on June 3rd.

I inclined to go with Dark Horse's site though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed