Predator Designs

Started by Darkness, Jan 02, 2007, 11:22:31 PM

Author
Predator Designs (Read 5,780 times)

Darkness

Darkness

As we found out a while ago, the Predators will be designed from scratch for AvP2 rather than using the same designs as the first AvP. I received a couple more details today.

-The Predator face designs will actually be made out of silicon rather than the stuff they used for AvP to make it more realistic.
-The Predators will also be taller and stealthier rather than the short, bulky look in AvP.

Hopefully, there'll be a lot more like the original designs in the original movies.

predpant

predpant

wow fantastic news, where did u hear this, is it a reliable sorce because i dont want to get my hopes up ;)

Darkness

Darkness

It certainly is reliable although I'm not going to post it on the main site because I didn't consider it big news.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

good good news  for me too i really didnt like the preds on avp so this should be interesting news for next couple of weeks to come thnx for the post DARKNESS

ian36015

ian36015

;D More good news. Great, know we just need a date for the Teaser Trailer!

wolfboy

wolfboy

I've always wanted to see a fast and skinny agile predator. I imagine he'd be jumping tree to trees very quickly, but it would have to be done with CG like in Daredevil.

locusta

locusta

Yeah, that´s good news, even if there has been rumors about before.

I agree with Wolfboy. The Preds gotta be much more elegant and  supple to give there fights more pace and unpredictability.

IMO the Design of this Narin Modelkit would be the right choice.
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/images/narin/long_spear_predator/painted_sample_01.jpg

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 02, 2007, 11:22:31 PM
As we found out a while ago, the Predators will be designed from scratch for AvP2 rather than using the same designs as the first AvP. I received a couple more details today.

-The Predator face designs will actually be made out of silicon rather than the stuff they used for AvP to make it more realistic.
-The Predators will also be taller and stealthier rather than the short, bulky look in AvP.

Hopefully, there'll be a lot more like the original designs in the original movies.

Particularly happy about the faces. It'll be interesting to see how bulky/stealthy the Predator turns out.

I personally think this is pretty important, should frontpage news.

Darkness

Darkness

There will also be only one Predator for the bulk of the film. That's a definite. Not sure about the beginning and the ending though. There maybe some in the Predator ship at the beginning if the plot is like that.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Well, as long as there's a good looking Predator that does a lot of alien killing I should be happy!  :D

Hicks

Hicks

Not surprised about the taller, thinner Predators. Goes back to the story about the seven foot tall stunt men that were being auditioned in Vancouver. Good news, anyway.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Hicks on Jan 03, 2007, 09:52:21 PM
Not surprised about the taller, thinner Predators. Goes back to the story about the seven foot tall stunt men that were being auditioned in Vancouver. Good news, anyway.

Do you know anybody else other than Whyte who will be playing the Predators?

Hicks

Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 03, 2007, 10:22:09 PM
Quote from: Hicks on Jan 03, 2007, 09:52:21 PM

Do you know anybody else other than Whyte who will be playing the Predators?

No, nobody specific. All I know about that story is what I had read on Hollywood North Report (I can't even find the article now).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did he do his own stunts in AvP? If not, then other stunt doubles are bound to be the Predators.

topman

topman

im really happy that they are ditching the previous predator look and going for more of the realistic look! ;D
im looking forward to this very day! ;) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed