Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 40,599 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: irn on Mar 20, 2024, 07:47:25 PMOptimism is high after that teaser trailer!

Quote from: razeak on Mar 20, 2024, 07:02:43 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Mar 20, 2024, 06:53:48 PMIt looks.....fine.
Regarding the shot of the tube coming out of the mouth -
Spoiler
Is that a xeno impregnating someone like a facehugger would?
[close]
BRO.......that looks like it would belong to something......larger. lol.

I think it's someone taking a facehugger off someone's face.

Definitely looks to be the case, yeah.

That isn't gonna end well!

Ulfer

Ulfer

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Mar 20, 2024, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Ulfer on Mar 20, 2024, 05:51:57 PMWell, if I remember correctly, the last time I've seen at the cinema a mass of huggers, it was in the (sorry) rather subpar but quite fun AVP movies, and I don't think it worked very well.

No offense but that seems like a very arbitrary detail to connect the dots on.

I don't think the amount of huggers is the make-or-break component to a Alien film.
Which is not implied in my message.
I can understand the will to see that particular element on the screen. I'm cautious about that kind of things. Not all ideas (and even more "fan ideas") work on the screen. I remember too well the wishes of fans to see this or that, the rather complacent attitude of the scenarists who realized those supposed dreams... And well, let's say that sometimes, it doesn't end well for the work in question. The trend to do more and to go hyperbolical in many popular universes nowadays on the screen sometimes leads to disappointments.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Never imagined the thing that went through the mouth was so big. Feels weird writing that.

germanator2

germanator2

In regards to the culture war nonsense that's being brought up, the Alien series has always been consistent with their female leads and the series has always been pretty progressive to an extent before it even became an issues with modern movies today. Even regardless how you feel about Ridley Scott and Prometheus and Covenant, both Shaw and Daniels were well written characters who were obviously wasted (a lot were definitely upset over Shaw being killed by Covenant).

I thought Don't Breathe was a phenomenal film and Fede Alvarez had a very well written female lead in it, and I really enjoyed his take on Evil Dead too. So I'm optimistic about Cailee Spaeny and she definitely gives off Ripley vibes in that last shot, but I don't think that's a bad thing either.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2024, 07:52:08 PMNever imagined the thing that went through the mouth was so big. Feels weird writing that.

Lean into it LOL It's all good, man... we are all here for the body horror.

Prince

Prince

Big Chap's pissed off and  fights the newbie beast at the end. ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: germanator2 on Mar 20, 2024, 07:54:43 PMIn regards to the culture war nonsense that's being brought up, the Alien series has always been consistent with their female leads and the series has always been pretty progressive to an extent before it even became an issues with modern movies today. Even regardless how you feel about Ridley Scott and Prometheus and Covenant, both Shaw and Daniels were well written characters who were obviously wasted (a lot were definitely upset over Shaw being killed by Covenant).

I thought Don't Breathe was a phenomenal film and Fede Alvarez had a very well written female lead in it, and I really enjoyed his take on Evil Dead too. So I'm optimistic about Cailee Spaeny and she definitely gives off Ripley vibes in that last shot, but I don't think that's a bad thing either.

Don't worry, we always need that one guy making that one comment. Always.

Quote from: lv_226 on Mar 20, 2024, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 20, 2024, 07:52:08 PMNever imagined the thing that went through the mouth was so big. Feels weird writing that.

Lean into it LOL It's all good, man... we are all here for the body horror.

Haha I'm all for it.

ASH118

ASH118

Just a theory on why it is called, Alien, instead of Aliens.

Big Chap is the Alien, the first and the others are imitations of him, not real.

It's been awhile since I was on here, good to be back

T Dog

T Dog

Ok guys! I can see the fingers now! Yeah, throbbing facehugger tube being removed from someones gaping mouth.....ok I'll see myself out.

marrerom

marrerom

It looks beautiful. I love the aesthetic, and of course Fede Alvarez has put his personal touch ensuring plenty of body horror moments (pulling the facehugger tube out looks insane). I also very much like the focus on facehuggers being a terrifying creature in their own right. The scene of the crew being overwhelmed by them looks like it will be great

Also, I am very happy that the release date is August. I firmly believe that the biggest mistake Covenant made was moving up it's release date to May. There were just too many giant blockbusters out at the same time that year and Covenant got the short straw.

Local Trouble

I assume this was shot on digital.  I miss film.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Pretty good trailer, with a pretty big Alien: Isolation influence.
Somehow, space stations have not been done in Alien movies, so it's kind of a first (Gateway doesn't count).

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

Now I can't wait for the podcast breakdown of the trailer lol

carnotaurus1350

Fun thing to note - this is labeled as "trailer 2" which seems to imply another trailer is locked and loaded (perhaps where the new social media stinger footage is from):

On another note, here's a clearer look at the Xeno and Facehuggers from a ProRes version of the trailer:

https://twitter.com/agarcia_46/status/1770536194541260851

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: carnotaurus1350 on Mar 20, 2024, 08:25:03 PMFun thing to note - this is labeled as "trailer 2" which seems to imply another trailer is locked and loaded (perhaps where the new social media stinger footage is from):

https://i.imgur.com/fmgxsbH.png
On another note, here's a clearer look at the Xeno and Facehuggers from a ProRes version of the trailer:

https://twitter.com/agarcia_46/status/1770536194541260851

Ok I'm going back to my original comment about the tubesize etc. Tis' no ordinary tube extraction

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed