Will Alien 5 be more influenced by Aliens or Alien?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 14, 2015, 06:50:36 PM

Author
Will Alien 5 be more influenced by Aliens or Alien? (Read 2,041 times)

Infected

Like most of us who grew up with it, the movie loses most of its magic after coming back to the ship and having the hatch of the little xeno.
The mystery is in the undefineable part with the weird ship and jockey and the storrage chamber,
same in Prometheus when they are in the chamber with the green crystal and there are secrets behind those doors.
I wanna know whats inside and whats going on, i really couldnt care much about the running part etc.

acheronbeing

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 14, 2015, 10:50:25 PM
ALIEN is just a nice intro, or prologue, to the main story that is ALIENS.

But then, we're talking about Blomkamp. He loves robots, gunfights, explosions and robots, fast pacing with no room for a second thought or well-written dialogues.
That says it all. Add to the more than enough explanation you give about what this director actually likes, the also obvious fact he's resurrecting Ripley and Hick with that obvious sole purpose in mind; to make a sequel to Aliens. I just gotta laugh at that tbh.

Ignoring Alien: Resurrection is an obvious act of self-respect, let's say a natural human reaction. But to discard Alien3 is another all together. A bad move that could make him look just as bad as the worst part of the Aliens hardcore fanatics

NickisSmart

Just because he ignores it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Alternate realities. Everyone wins!

Personally, I'm rather happy that he's ignoring it, simply because the third film, in my own opinion, felt rushed, incomplete, and kind of boring. It has its moments, but it takes the grand horror of the first film and the non-stop tension and exhilarating action of the second and replaces those with a solemn prison story about a tired heroine having an existential crisis, all the while being surrounded by bald, horny dudes (all of them alien fodder in the most boring sense). This could have been fine but all the God-and-devil, meaning-of-life stuff really didn't fit with a space monster and the shoe-horned plot about the company. I would have been fine with all of these things had they fit together better, which certainly is possible. Alas, none of it does. It just felt like a rough draft.

Ash 937

Judging by the concept art, the scope of Blomkamp's Alien sequel looks more "Aliens" to me.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 15, 2015, 05:59:24 PM

Personally, I'm rather happy that he's ignoring it, simply because the third film, in my own opinion, felt rushed, incomplete, and kind of boring. It has its moments, but it takes the grand horror of the first film and the non-stop tension and exhilarating action of the second and replaces those with a solemn prison story about a tired heroine having an existential crisis, all the while being surrounded by bald, horny dudes (all of them alien fodder in the most boring sense).

I enjoyed the pace of Alien3 personally.  It felt more like a real-life experience overall while Aliens has grown to feel slightly "too fast" for my tastes in recent years.

NickisSmart

Sometimes real life isn't a good thing in movies. If I had to say my favorite film in terms of pacing, its easily the first film. Total rollercoaster: slow climb to the top; fiery drop to the bottom, and a sneaky second hill. : )

Gash

I could hope for something closer to A L I E N, but I'm fully expecting it'll be 12 rated and closer to Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed