Who will be cast as an android in alien 5?

Started by Murfy426, Mar 12, 2015, 09:07:59 AM

Author
Who will be cast as an android in alien 5? (Read 6,119 times)

NickisSmart

Maybe a Mexican actor like Cheech, or  Machete.

Personally I'm kind of hoping it's not someone obvious -- a big actor with a "I'm an adroid!" neon sign pointing at his/her head. But it's always a guessing game with the android, except for Alien, where the idea was a surprise. In Aliens, they didn't waste much time telling everyone that Bishop was a synthetic -- sorry, artificial person. By the time we got Call, I kind of wished they'd drop the trope. Then Prometheus came out and I fell in love with the idea again. There was no guessing. David was an android and loving it.

Still, now that we've come to expect an android to be in the films, I wonder how they'll go about it. Will they secret one in and risk it feeling cliche? Or will they state that this guy over here is one at the start and settle for complacency and regularity? I know that if they left out androids altogether it'd feel like something was missing, but perhaps they could back peddle away from the post-humanism concept of the android with a soul and revert to the machine-like Working Joes. Something robotic and uncanny. Those things were arguably as unsettling as the alien, but in a completely different way, and I think it'd add a nice dimension to the horror. The thing doesn't even have to go haywire. Just be creepy. That Tommy Wiseay recommendation is sounding better and better...

Nightmare Asylum

Hahaha, what a story NickIsSmart.

Murfy426

Murfy426

just thought I'd drop In a name after watching the documentary on event horizon, just a wild shot but what about Jason Isaacs or Sam Neil

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 15, 2015, 08:41:07 PM
just thought I'd drop In a name after watching the documentary on event horizon, just a wild shot but what about Jason Isaacs

I don't know about as an android but I would love to see him in an Alien film.

His name came up originally to be Weyland in AvP during the pre-production phase. Not surprising given Paul Anderson used him in several of his other films. (Soldier, Event Horizon, and  a cameo in Resident Evil.)

Speaking of actors from Event Horizon, another idea... Sean Pertwee!

Oh yeah, you know you want to see that.

Murfy426

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 15, 2015, 08:46:45 PM

I don't know about as an android but I would love to see him in an Alien film.

His name came up originally to be Weyland in AvP during the pre production phase. Not surprising giving Paul Anderson used him in several of his other films. (Soldier, Event Horizon, and  a cameo in Resident Evil.)

Speaking of actors from Event Horizon, another idea... Sean Pertwee!

Oh yeah, you know you want to see that.
First thing that comes to my mind when I think of Sean Pertwee? Dog Soldiers absolutely epic movie lol Saw him in a clip for gotham as albert, he looks good in that too. Nice pick mate

GQSioux

GQSioux

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a Working Joe show up. Neill is such a fan of the game, maybe he can throw one in as a nod.

NickisSmart

On top of that, the Working Joes inspire some pretty strong feelings of angst and fear. They're so annoying, so creepy, that when Samuels totally Road Houses one into oblivion, I wanted to jump for joy. 

SuperM

SuperM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPgT118xQRc#ws

Peter Serafinowicz as a working joe?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed