keeping the hype under control

Started by Deacs1973, Mar 12, 2015, 12:27:28 AM

Author
keeping the hype under control (Read 2,613 times)

Deacs1973

Deacs1973

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh - help - its happening again - I am once again finding myself getting overwhelmed with the new Alien Film after it was confirmed that it is being made - I am finding myself trolling through web pages, joining forums and generally looking for any scrap of info regarding the film (I even ordered an Alien Egg money box from Amazon for gods sake) - it was like this when I heard Ridley Scott was making an Alien prequel with Prometheus - I dont know if I can keep this up for however long before the film comes out !!!

How do you guys and gals cope?

Keep up the excellent theories and opinions etc

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I remember how disappointed I was when I finally saw Prometheus for the first time, after a year of anticipation. I like the movie now, after subsequent viewings, but it's important to remember that nothing can ever live up to the inflated expectations born from too much pre-release hype.

It also helps to be cynical of everything until it's 100% confirmed. Heck, I still don't even totally believe that Blomkamp's Alien will even happen.

Perfect-Organism

I am really overdosing on ALien.  I find myself defaulting to check AVP Galaxy every time I get online.  This is not healthy.  I have to find a way to tone this down...

Born Of Cold Light

I have so much stuff going on in my life right now, including the budding of my own science fiction universe, that while I'm excited, I haven't spent much time going out of my way to find new info.  If anything, it finds me.

whiterabbit

That's seems pretty normal, especially if that is all you bought. :P

PsyKore

PsyKore

I'm sorta not caring about Alien 5. That's not to say I'm not interested and don't hope it goes well, but you know, wake me when it's done. In the meanwhile I'll just go about my business.

Adam802

Adam802

I wonder if I should go "internet silent" once the trailers start coming out.  Over analyzing Prometheus for months before its release kinda ruined it for me.  (Even though Prometheus kinda ruined itself, but I digress.)  Back in the day, you would see a trailer in theaters and that's it.  No internet to re-watch and analyze frame by frame, shot by shot...

Deacs1973

Deacs1973

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 12, 2015, 02:05:51 AM
I remember how disappointed I was when I finally saw Prometheus for the first time, after a year of anticipation. I like the movie now, after subsequent viewings, but it's important to remember that nothing can ever live up to the inflated expectations born from too much pre-release hype.

It also helps to be cynical of everything until it's 100% confirmed. Heck, I still don't even totally believe that Blomkamp's Alien will even happen.

yes i was the same first time I saw Prometheus but after a second viewing I kinda liked it

But because this is a full on Alien movie I will stay excited and probably like it whatever !!!!!

whiterabbit

Dudes, look on the bright side. At least we have something to live for?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 12, 2015, 02:30:50 AM
I am really overdosing on ALien.  I find myself defaulting to check AVP Galaxy every time I get online.  This is not healthy.  I have to find a way to tone this down...

Nahhh. That's perfectly normal.  :P

I'm wary because of the disappointment of Prometheus and the AvPs. But it's hard not to feel some excitement over the project, especially as I like Blomkamp.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Deacs1973 on Mar 12, 2015, 12:27:28 AM
Alien Egg money box

I'm now vaguely disappointed we don't have Alien eggs in the shops for this Easter time... I'd be tempted to buy one of those and just, like, keep it in the fridge for eternal posterity.

Corporal Hicks

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

I really, don't mind anything, as of now, we get from Alien. I have a feeling it can be disappointing, but I doubt it's going to be outright terrible. Though, the line between disappointing and terrible for some is thin. I get that. But it's better than nothing. Alien is this untapped potential world, that rarely gets explored well enough that it deserves, to have all these things happening from Prometheus to Alien 5, Alien Isolation, everything the past few years, it's exciting because I love this world. It's better than just leaving it to dust up. I love Alien so much.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 12, 2015, 01:35:27 PM
I really, don't mind anything, as of now, we get from Alien. I have a feeling it can be disappointing, but I doubt it's going to be outright terrible. Though, the line between disappointing and terrible for some is thin. I get that. But it's better than nothing. Alien is this untapped potential world, that rarely gets explored well enough that it deserves, to have all these things happening from Prometheus to Alien 5, Alien Isolation, everything the past few years, it's exciting because I love this world. It's better than just leaving it to dust up. I love Alien so much.

8)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 12, 2015, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: Deacs1973 on Mar 12, 2015, 12:27:28 AM
Alien Egg money box

I'm now vaguely disappointed we don't have Alien eggs in the shops for this Easter time... I'd be tempted to buy one of those and just, like, keep it in the fridge for eternal posterity.
You know, one Easter, a while back I had made an alien egg(paper machete with fabric for lips) and put it outside the day before good Friday with a stuffed rabbit and chick looking at it. I opened it's lips on Friday and had the rabbit look inside of it, face hugged the rabbit on Saturday and chestburster it on Sunday complete with little alien and scarred chick. Nobody got it. I should do that again one day. Probably should make it a wooden display this time. Would be easier to get cuter expressions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed