Changing Stylistic Approach?

Started by Xenomorphine, Mar 08, 2015, 09:53:10 PM

Author
Changing Stylistic Approach? (Read 1,463 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Noticed this:

QuoteThe end of three films that have a similar stylistic approach to them.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-has-an-idea-for-district-10
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/36070/-district-10-film-still-on-the-way

Could this mean something different to his other projects is in store for our series?

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Hopefully it'll be unique I can say that much.

Nightmare Asylum

Read that, and it definitely seems that with this project (and perhaps whatever [hopefully original] project he has lined up for after this) he's going to shift gears a bit in terms of style. He's already talked about how Alien: Isolation opened up his mind in order to embrace more "retro" sci-fi tech in films, and tonally/stylistically the Alien/Aliens (where this is pulling most of its DNA from) is a very different beast than a lot of what has been seen in Blomkamp's films to date.

No space gangsters or mercs with katanas kidnapping an Alien in this one, I guess. :D

Corporal Hicks

It think it'd be good for him. You do too much of the same thing and you're going to get bored - both the director and the audience. I'd like to think Alien 5 is going to be the start of that change because you can't really do JoBerg in space and it fit in with the Alien aesthetic. You can do gritty and grimmy. But not the urban style he's used.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2015, 08:46:21 AMyou can't really do JoBerg in space

Although part of me would like to see him try...

"These fokken Aliens, man!"

Corporal Hicks

...I do want to hear Copley's South African accent. I really do.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2015, 08:46:21 AM
It think it'd be good for him. You do too much of the same thing and you're going to get bored - both the director and the audience. I'd like to think Alien 5 is going to be the start of that change because you can't really do JoBerg in space and it fit in with the Alien aesthetic. You can do gritty and grimmy. But not the urban style he's used.

Ironically enough you probably could if you were following on from Alien Resurrection. That look would flow fairly well from the end of that film.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 10, 2015, 09:06:12 AM
Although part of me would like to see him try...

"These fokken Aliens, man!"

Oh, brainstorming idea....

Cat food. Jonesy. Cat food. Jonesy... Hmm...

...The cat has an alien come out of it. Later, during the climax of the movie, Copley's character uses cat food to distract the catalien.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2015, 09:09:57 AM
...I do want to hear Copley's South African accent. I really do.
I hope he at least gets a cameo. The guy is an amazing actor.

The alien that burst out of him will go one to win all kinds of awards & be right up there with Gary Oldman & Daniel Day Lewis :P

Xhan

Xhan

Hopefully this means shakeycam will go bye bye.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Hopefully both shaky cam and graffiti  (Isolation and Blomkamp seem overly fond of graffiti) will not be included. And a big no to ridiculously retro tech like the tape recorders from Isolation.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 10, 2015, 09:19:23 AM
Oh, brainstorming idea....

Cat food. Jonesy. Cat food. Jonesy... Hmm...

...The cat has an alien come out of it. Later, during the climax of the movie, Copley's character uses cat food to distract the catalien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed