New writer credit in the new trailer: Dante Harper

Started by Anthony, Feb 28, 2017, 11:21:14 PM

Author
New writer credit in the new trailer: Dante Harper (Read 10,535 times)

Necronomicon II

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 01, 2017, 01:27:57 PM
^ Yup.
Same. There are benefits to having a wider pool of creativity that a film with one guy dominating the whole thing does not have.

Corporal Hicks

Dante's draft of Edge of Tomorrow. I've not read it yet so don't know what it's like.

Protozoid

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Mar 03, 2017, 07:49:36 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 01, 2017, 01:27:57 PM
^ Yup.
Same. There are benefits to having a wider pool of creativity that a film with one guy dominating the whole thing does not have.
Hopefully, yeah. But how many people felt that having a second writer on Prometheus resulted in a messy script? A lot of fans were saying that, even if it wasn't necessarily true. If they believe that, though, they must be worried about Covenant undergoing a much more protracted development with some fairly substantial changes in direction occurring at some point. Based on test screening reports, it sounds like the movie's identity is pretty fluid right now, as if they filmed the movie different ways and are trying to find a combination that everyone likes. This sounds like the committee approach. I hope it works. Personally, I prefer when Scott sticks to his guns, but that's harder to do with expensive franchise movies. To me, Scott is better the kookier he's allowed to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed