Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 69,537 times)

Predaker

I hope we get to see female marines.  :)

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 05, 2012, 02:51:12 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 05, 2012, 02:48:23 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 05, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
What are you talking about? Its the Alien that doesn't belong in the Predator Universe. Period.
Lol.... Pred's universe is way too poor compared to the alien one. You can't create a whole universe from just 2 movies.

:laugh: Yeah, I agree, the Alien universe is much richer than the Predator one. I was just kinda trollin' lol. And, there are 3 Predator movies.  :)
I don't count Predators as part of the Pred universe movies.

Non offtopic: about the guy who said there is no crouching. There is, I found it at one of the screenshots posted by Ikarop -> https://photos-1.dropbox.com/i/xl/3eEgwD1xfzg9QYdu4R2Jel8LgZaaw4IwYjpdOTw6tls,962AguFGrLt7PzFoQhtaYrYRWvBUJ5APqGOI6eLyXME/2561706/1333735200/7e941c2/26354Multiplayer_Combat_Rev2_online.jpg look to the right, you will see marine in crouch position  ;)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 05, 2012, 05:18:50 PM
What are you talking about? Its the Alien that doesn't belong in the Predator Universe. Period.
Lol.... Pred's universe is way too poor compared to the alien one. You can't create a whole universe from just 2 movies.

:laugh: Yeah, I agree, the Alien universe is much richer than the Predator one. I was just kinda trollin' lol. And, there are 3 Predator movies.  :)
I don't count Predators as part of the Pred universe movies.  ;)
Not to stray far off topic but when you are not busy, can you send me a private message explaining what you mean? Im not trying to start a debate, just curious.

Thanks
-Predaker

Le Celticant

Non offtopic: about the guy who said there is no crouching. There is, I found it at one of the screenshots posted by Ikarop -> https://photos-1.dropbox.com/i/xl/3eEgwD1xfzg9QYdu4R2Jel8LgZaaw4IwYjpdOTw6tls,962AguFGrLt7PzFoQhtaYrYRWvBUJ5APqGOI6eLyXME/2561706/1333735200/7e941c2/26354Multiplayer_Combat_Rev2_online.jpg look to the right, you will see marine in crouch position  ;)

:o Who says there were no crouching?
And in the picture, it's an AI that crouch I believe (at least the picture looks very cinematic) and AI in AVP2010 could also crouch but player couldn't.

WinterActual

I can't remember the nickname but someone in the previous pages said there is no crouch. You can't be sure if this is an AI or actual player ;)

Bio Mech Hunter

It's looking good, but the Pulse Rifle and Smart Gun sfx are wrong and need to be fixed. They sound terrible.

We also now have undeniable proof the Alien Warriors are indeed... wait for it... TOO SMALL. AGAIN. >:( I'd like to take this moment and just say, TOLD YOU SO. :P

What happened to GB's commitment to making A:CM an authentic Aliens experience? The sfx are jacked and, yet again, the Aliens are stunted cannon fodder. ???

Other than that, the gfx look superb and I'm digging the game-play mechanics.

I can let the Smart Gun's targeting system slide as keeping it canonically accurate would render it useless (the targeting system - not the weapon itself). Since it tracks heat signatures and Aliens don't give off heat, you'd be at a big disadvantage lugging that big thing around with quick and nimble Aliens hunting you.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 05, 2012, 06:11:23 PM

:o Who says there were no crouching?
And in the picture, it's an AI that crouch I believe (at least the picture looks very cinematic) and AI in AVP2010 could also crouch but player couldn't.

You CAN crouch, they already said it.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 05, 2012, 11:09:27 PM
It's looking good, but the Pulse Rifle and Smart Gun sfx are wrong and need to be fixed. They sound terrible.

We also now have undeniable proof the Alien Warriors are indeed... wait for it... TOO SMALL. AGAIN. >:( I'd like to take this moment and just say, TOLD YOU SO. :P

What happened to GB's commitment to making A:CM an authentic Aliens experience? The sfx are jacked and, yet again, the Aliens are stunted cannon fodder. ???

I can let the Smart Gun's targeting system slide as keeping it canonically accurate would render it useless (the targeting system - not the weapon itself). Since it tracks heat signatures and Aliens don't give off heat, you'd be at a big disadvantage lugging that big thing around with quick and nimble Aliens hunting you.

That size looks about right to me, and as for the Alien being CF, it looks like when online they can kill you in up to 2 hits.

chupacabras acheronsis

i'm kinda pissed off they waited to show us this beta to unveil the stalker alien. it deserves more attention, after all, it's everyone's favorite alien...

9th_Stew

think we will be able to hack doors and weld them back up in multiplayer???

Razz

Quote from: 9th_Stew on Apr 06, 2012, 08:25:12 AM
think we will be able to hack doors and weld them back up in multiplayer???
Well considering you can do that in Killing Floor I bloody hope so.

escroto

escroto

I'm kind worried too about the movement which doesn't seem very fluid on the aliens. I read some some pages before, I think in this topic, a member saying this was a pre-pre-alpha state of the game , when I though that was the E3 demo tbh. If the first is true then we should expect an improvement on that very important area too.

This guy also said this all could be because what we've seen on a console, all because those damn 30 or less FPS, but I don't think that's still the case.

Also, red dots kill MT immersion soo much..., seriously, f**k the casual.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 06, 2012, 04:35:07 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 05, 2012, 11:09:27 PM

That size looks about right to me, and as for the Alien being CF, it looks like when online they can kill you in up to 2 hits.

You do know that the guy with the smart gun is not standing up straight right?

alanwu1233

perhaps it's merely a matter of perspective

Corporal Hicks

Not had chance to read the articles yet but liking the footage. The SP looks like it's going to be very pretty. Looks very faithful to the style and tone of the movies and their art direction. The MP, wasn't sure if I was watching a Survivor mode or not to start with. Glad to see they've kept animated kills in there, very big fan of them. Would have loved to have seen some from the Alien player perspective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed