50 Cent in The Predator?

Started by biggymac, Apr 05, 2016, 11:49:37 PM

Author
50 Cent in The Predator? (Read 47,510 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Dude it has less to do with what the word means and more to do with the intent behind the movies purpose. It's clear that Jurassic World is intended as a reboot of a long slumbering cash cow. Yes it's a true sequel but at the same time it's most definitively a reboot. It obviously can't be a remake. Actually I just looked it up and apparently the word "reboot" has fundamentally changed to now accept relaunching a previous property.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Look a Decoy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think reinvigoration is a more appropriate term.

The Alien Predator

I thought remakes were when you do the same story of a previous film.

So if The Predator was a remake of Predator, it'd be a similar (if not the same) story as the 1987 film

If it were a reboot, it'd do what Godzilla 2014 did, ignore the previous stuff and start its own story.

But Black and Dekker have stated that the Predator franchise has some rich lore to explore, so this will be a sequel since it will explore what's already established rather than re-doing a story that was done or telling one with new lore from scratch.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 08, 2016, 01:09:14 PM
Dude it has less to do with what the word means and more to do with the intent behind the movies purpose. It's clear that Jurassic World is intended as a reboot of a long slumbering cash cow. Yes it's a true sequel but at the same time it's most definitively a reboot. It obviously can't be a remake. Actually I just looked it up and apparently the word "reboot" has fundamentally changed to now accept relaunching a previous property.

Hmm... you are right, the word "reboot" seems to be the craze these days. I didn't know about the definition change.

Here's what I found from a quick google search.

Remake: a film or piece of music that has been filmed or recorded again.
"a remake of the classic horror tale, 'Frankenstein'"

Reboot: "In serial fiction, to reboot means to discard all continuity in an established series in order to recreate its characters, timeline and backstory from the beginning."

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 08, 2016, 01:13:29 PM
Look a Decoy

What!? WHERE!?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Decoy Fail, Decoy Fail!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 08, 2016, 01:14:53 PM
Reboot: "In serial fiction, to reboot means to discard all continuity in an established series in order to recreate its characters, timeline and backstory from the beginning."
Yea, like rebooting a computer. However that's not how the suits in the studios are thinking. It just means do what ever is necessary to make more money. Hell when you think about the word reboot in computer terms, a reboot is just to restart the computer from a base state. The definition you posted sounds more like a reformat.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2016, 01:13:45 PM
I think reinvigoration is a more appropriate term.
Actually I think the term reboot is wrong. I mean when you reboot a computer you don't toss out anything that is saved. You're just continuing with a cleared canvas. Reinvigoration is an end goal.

Really what JW should be called is milking a cash cow. Once again it is intent, if The Predator is intended to relaunch the Predator property, then I would call it an attempt at rebooting. Restarting if you will. From the perspective that there hasn't been much going on lately.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Predators is a good example of a reboot.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

I think rather than using the word reboot, which confuses many that it discard continuity it should be referred to as a ReBrand or ReLaunch, a sequel with a refreshing approach, has throw backs to the previous film/films here and there but can stand as its own thing. Designed to introduce the franchise to a new generation, modern audiences.

Mike

Mike

I like Predators because it can be looked at as a reboot and remake to some people. It was a sequel as well. It was all of those things.

Infected

Infected

He can play Harrigan's kid or Dillon's kid or Mac's kid.

No matter how you turn it, if he will be in it, it doesnt get my hopes up, and this will probably be a waste straight from the getgo.
Lots of good black actors around, but casting 50 cent.......COME ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

And Black and Decker...really.. :D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea that's the thing. 50 cent is the type of "actor" one hires for a low budget knock off or parody movie and that is what's bothering a lot of us the most. Really he should have kept his mouth shut, the negativity is high because aside from rumors, he apparently sounds like the first hire. I think after a few more credible actors were named to be in the movie, then the announcement of 50 cent being in this would have been less of a shock to the senses.

If he's in this... he should have never let it slip.

boostedlsj

boostedlsj

I've been a big 50 Cent and G-Unit fan since 1999 and still regularly check to see what's new with both. I have heard hundreds of interviews, documentary type videos etc. to say I am about 98% certain 50 Cent is being totally honest. Especially is you watch the second video. Even in the first video he seems like he may be joking or randomly saying he's doing the project if you have heard the dude talk enough times I think you would agree that it doesn't seem like he is joking and it's just the way he carries on a conversation sometimes. So yea for what it's worth IMO he is being 100% honest. But we will see what happens

jimbob30

jimbob30

oh great that's all we need some useless idiot that cant even act unless its a low budget movie seriously we need decent actors for this franchise I thought predators was ok but we need a film that can be as good as the first predator movie was bring back arnie make sure the film isn't made on the cheap take ur time with it and it could be awesome but first and formost get rid of 50 pence please we need a good film not some useless twit that has the charisma of a KitKat chocolate bar

DUB1

DUB1

Oh yes, if he gets killed brutally by a Predator.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 09, 2016, 12:17:07 AM
Yea that's the thing. 50 cent is the type of "actor" one hires for a low budget knock off or parody movie and that is what's bothering a lot of us the most. Really he should have kept his mouth shut, the negativity is high because aside from rumors, he apparently sounds like the first hire. I think after a few more credible actors were named to be in the movie, then the announcement of 50 cent being in this would have been less of a shock to the senses.

If he's in this... he should have never let it slip.
But then again, he could just simply play a King Willie type victim ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed