The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 64,479 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 25, 2020, 07:57:57 PM
Some day I'm going to make the plunge and actually get into miniature painting/wargaming...

Just start with the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Spoiler
Actually, I have no clue - at all --
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 25, 2020, 07:57:57 PM
Some day I'm going to make the plunge and actually get into miniature painting/wargaming...

I see there is a asoiaf miniature wargame available which would probably interest you. Based on the books, not the tv series.

Miniatures look nice but don't know if the rules are decent - maybe someone here has played it before? Certainly cheaper than GW at the very least.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 26, 2020, 03:14:29 PM

Miniatures look nice but don't know if the rules are decent - maybe someone here has played it before?

Thing is, the farther you get away from the GW* ecosystem, the less miniatures and rules are married to eachother. It's entirely possible to grab some models you like from one manufacturer, some rules from an unrelated publisher, and have an absolute blast. For example, I own hundreds of AvP miniatures, most of my use of them has just been with incredibly simple homebrew mechanics and with a driving narrative to direct the action.

*Also, other "brand heavy" things like X-wing, Warmahordes, etc.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

True that, although it might not be so easy for a rank novice.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That depends on genre. Historicals aren't going to require brand loyalty, just choosing a scale, for example.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So what happened to the primarchs of the 2nd and 11th legions?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 03, 2020, 04:21:29 AM
So what happened to the primarchs of the 2nd and 11th legions?

Nothing, they're [plot hook left blank for your dudes]. Or were. I'm not sure what the HH books are doing with them at this point but if it ever gets explained fully I'm going to fly to Ireland to punch Aaron Dembsky-Bowden.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've seen a few references to them in them in the novels, but nothing concrete.  Most recent was Horus throwing a tantrum to Malcador over it while Alpharius and Jaghatai watched.

I wonder what they could have done that was any worse than how Lorgar and Angron defied the Emperor during the The Great Crusade.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 03, 2020, 10:14:42 PM
I've seen a few references to them in them in the novels, but nothing concrete.  Most recent was Horus throwing a tantrum to Malcador over it while Alpharius and Jaghatai watched.

I wonder what they could have done that was any worse than how Lorgar and Angron defied the Emperor during the The Great Crusade.

Turns out that instead of bald men, they were space elephants the whole time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you resupplied yet?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I bought a bunch of stuff from the UK in june that still hasn't arrived and I'm stubbornly refusing to buy anything else until this is resolved.

irn

irn

A surprise teaser for a follow up to Astartes has leaked. It looks pretty amazing from the short clip!

Big H Dog has covered it:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 03, 2020, 11:24:16 PM
I bought a bunch of stuff from the UK in june that still hasn't arrived and I'm stubbornly refusing to buy anything else until this is resolved.

Did it arrive yet?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 03, 2020, 08:23:54 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 03, 2020, 11:24:16 PM

Did it arrive yet?

No, but they finally replied to my emails last week, and will eventually get around to sending me my shit once the month long UK lockdown is over (maybe).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed