NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,249 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 03, 2014, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: Jekku on Jun 02, 2014, 03:47:41 PM
@Xenomorphine I don't think that would be a problem for a predator.  If you're referring to the one in the second movie, then I think that was because he was injured.  After all, the one Dutch encountered didn't have trouble breathing.

I had the impression that doing it on a prolonged basis might cause problems, like how we can breathe in poor air quality, but that it's probably not wise to always be doing so.

Otherwise, why do their masks always cover the mouth and have an air seal?

To use it in air-less environment. Ahab can have another mask to survive in suxh conditions. Another point to theory that we can use similar gas mixture was shown in Predators (not best source I know). Classic was hanging there God now how long, without his mask. Superpredators had no air seal (Classic haven`t had one either...) and himans were breathing quite ok. out there, but as I said it`s not the best source.

happypred

happypred

Perhaps there's some sort of invisible field around the mouth (a bit far-fetched) but he's an Elder who probably has access to fancy gear

Master

Master

Maybe it is addresed in the book itself. I wouldnt be surprised there was a story point he enters airless environment and special retractable  panel cover his mouth. Predators love retractable things ;)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2014, 07:37:33 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 03, 2014, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: Jekku on Jun 02, 2014, 03:47:41 PM
@Xenomorphine I don't think that would be a problem for a predator.  If you're referring to the one in the second movie, then I think that was because he was injured.  After all, the one Dutch encountered didn't have trouble breathing.

I had the impression that doing it on a prolonged basis might cause problems, like how we can breathe in poor air quality, but that it's probably not wise to always be doing so.

Otherwise, why do their masks always cover the mouth and have an air seal?

To use it in air-less environment. Ahab can have another mask to survive in suxh conditions. Another point to theory that we can use similar gas mixture was shown in Predators (not best source I know). Classic was hanging there God now how long, without his mask. Superpredators had no air seal (Classic haven`t had one either...) and himans were breathing quite ok. out there, but as I said it`s not the best source.
I can't believe I never noticed that in 'Predators'.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Hurray for probable Predator reboot figures!

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Zenstoren on Jun 24, 2014, 11:46:18 PM
Hurray for probable Predator reboot figures!
Hahahaha exactly! Even if the movie sucks we still get some more Predators to join the clan! Hopefully the AVP predators are out before that movie comes out.

Master

Master

Let it be something cool, not another rehash of original 1987 design.

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

I hope the new film Jungle Predator has some character to him to set him apart so he has a nice figure addition to the collection.

Have to admit I'm loving Ahab.
-Lumberjack1988

Master

Master

Ahab in package

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: Master on Jul 03, 2014, 07:30:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BroyL9gCUAADJSw.jpg
Ahab in package

One of the worst Predator figures Neca ever produced.
Reuse of the same parts.
Ha they even cut on the package art the tusks on lover mandibles of Ahab-to make an excuse why the figure dont have them-ha!
Such garbage of a figure.

Master

Master

Awww, but I like it  :-[ It's clearly much better then  clear ;) "cameo" versions or Albino Predator (which I'd like to have nonetheless).

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: Master on Jul 04, 2014, 06:30:32 AM
Awww, but I like it  :-[ It's clearly much better then  clear ;) "cameo" versions or Albino Predator (which I'd like to have nonetheless).
Well I hate it-they reused old stuff-figure don't look like the source material-even based on the covers.
Dick move from neca in my opinion(and many people i talked about neca ahab thinks the same)
Albino is another lame figure-a repaint of jungle hunter with some additional shoulder pad.

F##K this-where are AvP new molds ?!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I think for a con-exclusive, he looks pretty good. The mask is cool. But yes, NECA does make a bad habit of reusing molds that might not be appropriate (unpainted netting = no netting). 

happypred

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Behind him, you can see the tip of the blade.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed