Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 11, 2019, 02:48:17 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives! (Read 22,257 times)

bendinglight

Quote from: molasar on Apr 19, 2020, 09:37:59 PM
Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 19, 2020, 09:35:11 PM
I am disappointed that the PS4 folks get the 48 hours of double XP...where is the love for PC gamers?

Only those who pre-ordered a deluxe edition.

Right, but there isn't a deluxe version for PC, just PS4.

molasar

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 19, 2020, 09:40:51 PM

This is how it works. It is Sony's game, so they favor their own platform.

Kailem

Not that I'm getting it on PC, but I do like that they've got their own Epic version of the Sony-exclusive warpaint, this time looking like the classic Unreal "U". Seems like they took quite a while to put that up though. People were saying just the other day that there didn't seem to be a deluxe edition for the PC version.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: molasar on Apr 19, 2020, 10:00:17 PM

I understand that and not disputing it...I was simply stating that there doesn't seem to be a deluxe edition for PC. Looks like your post does indeed prove there is a version for PC.

And it looks like if the standard edition was purchased, the deluxe cannot be purchased (at least, that is how it is from my perspective). Did the deluxe for PC just get released? I don't remember seeing it when the standard PC version was initially available for preorder.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 21, 2020, 05:38:59 PM
Quote from: molasar on Apr 19, 2020, 10:00:17 PM

I understand that and not disputing it...I was simply stating that there doesn't seem to be a deluxe edition for PC. Looks like your post does indeed prove there is a version for PC.

And it looks like if the standard edition was purchased, the deluxe cannot be purchased (at least, that is how it is from my perspective). Did the deluxe for PC just get released? I don't remember seeing it when the standard PC version was initially available for preorder.

Only recently it seems, yes. So did something fall through the cracks, or did we miss something, because it's not a terribly smart business decision to make it available to the die-hard fans until now (especially if they cannot upgrade their pre-order).

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 21, 2020, 06:27:15 PM

Only recently it seems, yes. So did something fall through the cracks, or did we miss something, because it's not a terribly smart business decision to make it available to the die-hard fans until now (especially if they cannot upgrade their pre-order).

Agreed - I would think that Epic/Sony would know that die-hard fans would snatch that deluxe version up more quickly than a standard gamer (imo). When I tried to get a refund, it fell past the 14 days limit to do so, which I think means my corner-case probably fell between the cracks. I have a request into Epic support to see if I can get the standard version upgraded.

bendinglight

Turns out pre-orders can be refunded at any time prior to release. But Epic support is anything but quick to respond to requests. :(

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

An extra 20 bucks for a comic book...some time saving XP....(you already have the ol painless weapon mind you which unlocks at lvl25)...no art book and some skins which I think is rather smug but whatever there is no war between sony and epic so what gives?  I think I'll go out and buy a bucket of KFC with the extra cash.

Strangly this is timed so that YOU DON"T get the 87 Predator. Isn't that something?

bendinglight

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 22, 2020, 10:41:46 PM
An extra 20 bucks for a comic book...some time saving XP....(you already have the ol painless weapon mind you which unlocks at lvl25)...no art book and some skins which I think is rather smug but whatever there is no war between sony and epic so what gives?  I think I'll go out and buy a bucket of KFC with the extra cash.

Strangly this is timed so that YOU DON"T get the 87 Predator. Isn't that something?

Some folks might find the time saved with the extra XP period beneficial and/or even worth it if they value their time. I personally am not a fan of skins since they don't add any real value in the game (e.g., increased strength/endurance/etc.).

Hope you enjoy the KFC! :)

Kailem

I guess this one is just the "one size fits all" shoulder cannon.

SuperiorIronman

I haven't gotten into the game of course but we have seen shoulder cannons swapped already.

The Ilfonic Predator uses the 87 style rather than it's own shoulder cannon in this screenshot. So the way I see it is that it's possible the cannons are different visuals. One could potentially swap out the model for the preferred one and that'd make some sense since later DLC can use the alternate guns. We might already have some precedent with that as the spear used in some trailers and even the PSN theme is using an alternate combistick (P2 style) and so this might indeed be the case.

The only other explanation I have is JH being a full model change as the class while it's a cosmetic item otherwise which results in the alternate plasmacaster. I guess I'll know in a few hours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed