Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 38,532 times)

Sabres21768

Yeah, this story is great so far.

Retropocalypse

The trade paperback collection of Marvel's Alien Volume 4 - Thaw is now available for preorder.

Currently scheduled for release November 14th.

https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-SHALVEY-BROCCARDO-VOL-THAW/dp/1302947664/

Corporal Hicks

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvPWUNHMA5o/?igshid=MTk0MGU0NTkxNA==

The artist called the new variant a sub morph or watermorph

RidgeTop

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2023, 07:35:16 AMhttps://www.instagram.com/p/CvPWUNHMA5o/?igshid=MTk0MGU0NTkxNA==

The artist called the new variant a sub morph or watermorph

She actually wrote wintermorph. The art in this run is fantastic!

Xiggz456

Caught up on issues 2-4 and I've been sleeping on this one! Solid all around from dialogue to pacing to gorgeous panels.

Spoiler
The lighter color alien is kind of whatever but I'm still intrigued. Had a feeling that Dayton was an android but I kept thinking naw cuz he knocked up the mom only to find out that she's trying to make a human/Xeno hybrid which was completely unexpected!
[close]

Looking forward to the final issue! Oh and also noticed that we're getting five longer sized issues as opposed to the 6 issues where only issue 1 would be longer and I think that works well for this story.

Mr.Turok

It's a variation of the Ripley 8 route, pretty interesting to see this concept being played as something The Company and other special interests trying to produce for decades, if not centuries.

chromhart

Just read the new issue. It was a good ending. Can't wait for the Annual!

Xiggz456

Just read the last issue and what a deliciously dark finish to the first arc by Declan Shalvey!

Spoiler
Would've been nice to get a bit more info on the new Xeno variant but visually it looked great. It kind of reminded me of the neomorph variants from Fireteam Eite. I was also very intrigued in the "real boy" aspect of an android learning to be a father figure and how that would impact its programming to essentially "feel" love.
[close]

Certainly looking forward to the Annual and the next arc!

Perfect-Organism

This has been one of the greatest Alien series ever.  The moral ambiguity of every single character (perhaps not including the android) is so well in keeping with the Alien mythos.  So much going on in this story.  The art and the design of the sets is absolutely spectacular too.  Wish this was a longer run.

SiL

Who's morally ambiguous in the Alien movies? Ripley's pretty morally straightforward.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SiL on Aug 20, 2023, 08:53:51 PMWho's morally ambiguous in the Alien movies? Ripley's pretty morally straightforward.

The Alien films are about humanity causing its own greatest problems through greet and even through the divine need to discover.  Ripley is definitely no morally ambiguous, unless you take into account her back story where she leaves her child for years to go to work out in the stars.  Anyway, this story takes it to the next level. 
Spoiler
The mother infusing her own pre-born baby with Alien goo is just pure evil.
[close]

SiL

SiL

There's no real ambiguity. The Company and its agents are always pretty explicitly morally repugnant with their disregard for human life and the main characters are typically morally upstanding.

BlueMarsalis79

Apart from convicts, space pirates who abduct people, and the mercenaries of the Prometheus. 

Corporal Hicks

Just read #5. What a wild arc. I really enjoyed that. Looking forward to sitting down and reading the entire run through so all the twists and turns are fresher in my mind to comment on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed