Concept to Game - Alien Hive Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2013, 01:16:45 AM

Author
Concept to Game - Alien Hive Trailer (Read 31,672 times)

ShadowPred

I am an idiot for ranting about the Xeno design when I didn't give a thought months back. Now I can't unsee it all.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:54:09 AM
I am an idiot for ranting about the Xeno design when I didn't give a thought months back. Now I can't unsee it all.

Its because you are being irrational. The xeno 'costumes' were fit for man. And...made to be filmed in complete darkness with light highlights. Well lo and behold, we get to see them in all its CGI glory in the game and THUS they need to conceal what would literally spoil the xeno's costume design by concealling all the crap that made it look like a bloody costume.

Remember that the xenos feet looked like slippers or running shoes with toes. So they completely took that out for that reason alone and also because that I can describe it to you while i'm drunk. its that bad.

ShadowPred

The parts that are concealed in the films needing changing for the game are fine by me, but when you change the dorsal tubes for no reason...that's when I need to shake my head.

SM

SM

There's nothing that needs to be changed from the film.

Yet they changed in every new depiction since 1979 - be it film, comic, or video game.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

are the dorsal tubes sharper or thinner in the game? Well, really we weren't meant to have it in our faces that often in the movies anyway. I couldn't have foreseen it, but it looks clumsy while the xeno is running especially from behind. But either way, there's got to be some leeway here in keeping it and  making it work in front of us.

My only MAIN beef is if they make all the xenos with toon animations. It totally ruins the feeling that these can logically exist in our world.
For example, in AR where an xeno just jumps out of the water and onto a ladder with ease and precision. Some guy at Pixar is laughing all the way to the bank while we have that TOONISH crap installed in our minds.

XENOs should move natural   like they were motion captured, if not for some slight modifications. They should move ever so slightly like a real man should. That would ultimately sell your xenos the best possible way.

Its the sick feeling you get when it moves like a man but it looks like a machine.

SpaceMarines

Great video. Love things like this, just showcasing the scenery.

WinterActual

Quote from: PFC Hudson on Jan 11, 2013, 02:03:21 AM
Also the eggs still look stupid, why did they leave the lumps on the side?
These eggs are canon now

szkoki

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 11, 2013, 06:23:22 AM
Quote from: PFC Hudson on Jan 11, 2013, 02:03:21 AM
Also the eggs still look stupid, why did they leave the lumps on the side?
These eggs are canon now

and the marines are ripped...canon :D

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 11, 2013, 02:37:51 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:36:00 AM
Regardless of designs, since they're painstakingly paying attention to such mundane detail as what panel the Queen lifted up when looking for Newt, the least they could have done was actually pay attention to the designs that are actually in your face, like the Xenomorphs, the Eggs, etc. God damn Xenos are a mix of all the different kinds, they aren't 100% the way they should be. It's insane. I bet we get to find Newt's doll's head, and Gearbox is going to f**king get all the details of the DIRT on its plastic head correct, and then the next day come out and show us an inauthentic-looking APC or something like that.
Hopefully they get Bishops legs positioned the right way.  ;)

If they were authentic, then those legs wouldn't be there- unless Bishop is secretly Spiderman, and can't be dislodged from any surface...without tearing it off with him. Stupid Gearbox. ::) :laugh:

heady89

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:41:19 AM
They should, and about the video...I sure hope we get some f**king scary as f**k moments while roaming around the hive. I don't want lame as hell jump scares or scripted events of seeing some blips on your motion tracker only for the script to have it be that some Xeno has actually been hunting you and only appears at a certain point in the area to scare you. f**k that, give me honest to gods scares that are random each and every time.

Its amusing how some people think scriped is bad, i mean most cinematic games where you try to achieve specific goals are scripted. The AI: might have unscripted events triggered but if the game was totally open-world non-linear and non-scripted it wouldn't be much of a controlled experience at all and thus not necessarily good at all.

There are cons and pros to everything, its not black and white.

Cal427eb

Quote from: heady89 on Jan 11, 2013, 10:07:42 PM
They should, and about the video...I sure hope we get some f**king scary as f**k moments while roaming around the hive. I don't want lame as hell jump scares or scripted events of seeing some blips on your motion tracker only for the script to have it be that some Xeno has actually been hunting you and only appears at a certain point in the area to scare you. f**k that, give me honest to gods scares that are random each and every time.

Its amusing how some people think scriped is bad, i mean most cinematic games where you try to achieve specific goals are scripted. The AI: might have unscripted events triggered but if the game was totally open-world non-linear and non-scripted it wouldn't be much of a controlled experience at all and thus not necessarily good at all.

Right idea. Wrong reasons.

ShadowPred

Quote from: heady89 on Jan 11, 2013, 10:07:42 PM

You seemed to miss when I said this:

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2013, 02:48:46 AM
They should only use scripted events when they actually move the story forward.

Which goes to show you that I don't think scripted events as black or white as you think I do. And the post that you quoted me from should pretty much explain it as well. I was hoping I was specific enough in that first post so that no one would make the mistake of thinking that I meant scripted events in general are bad.

acrediblesource

Its not exactly helpful when people make comments right after something like this and blow it off into a hate thread of completely sided responses. Nobody wants to address anything, they just rip into an agreed side and stick. Then everyone thinks its a hate thread because it shows two sides. Of course if only everyone here wanted to post more elaborately rather than just to up their post count. Which results in absolutely nothing.

Cal427eb

I don't see anyone that hates this game in the thread. Only people voicing minor complaints...

SM

SM

Same as any other thread about this game.  Dribbling on about 'hate' seems to be simpler for some to get their heads around though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed