brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 150,112 times)

aliennaire

aliennaire

I probably should bid excuse for reviving this thread after it's been dormant since the middle of December, but I know there once have been discussed bio/space suits, which Prometheus' crew is clad in, so when I lucked upon the next pictures, I thought they would be interesting for someone out there to take a look at.

They go in juxtaposition of two films' photos:

The first half, as you can see, is the picture off Prometheus, the next one to it is the image, taken out of Voyage to the prehistoric planet (or source Russian film Planet of storms ) of 1965 (1961) correspondingly!

You can espy here the same transparent (glass-like) helmet with the solid base around the neck and at the back of the head area, more or less tight-fitting costume, waist belt with gears attached to it, chest plates... I find it quite stunning, that idea of snug space suit like this was unveiled so far back in time and is not new itself, I assume the difficulties of its implementation (lack of due material, technology, etc.) hampered the creation of the similar spacesuits in real life, maybe we will see them soon to be actually built ;)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 07, 2012, 09:59:07 AM
I probably should bid excuse for reviving this thread after it's been dormant since the middle of December, but I know there once have been discussed bio/space suits, which Prometheus' crew is clad in, so when I lucked upon the next pictures, I thought they would be interesting for someone out there to take a look at.

The first half, as you can see, is the picture off Prometheus, the next one to it is the image, taken out of Voyage to the prehistoric planet (or source Russian film Planet of storms ) of 1965 (1961) correspondingly!

You can espy here the same transparent (glass-like) helmet with the solid base around the neck and at the back of the head area, more or less tight-fitting costume, waist belt with gears attached to it, chest plates... I find it quite stunning, that idea of snug space suit like this was unveiled so far back in time and is not new itself, I assume the difficulties of its implementation (lack of due material, technology, etc.) hampered the creation of the similar spacesuits in real life, maybe we will see them soon to be actually built ;)

good catch!  8)
i definitely can see the resemblance!

Master

Master

Quote from: Kol on Jan 07, 2012, 02:55:44 PM

good catch!  8)
i definitely can see the resemblance!

Yeah, this looks very alike  ;D

nendo

nendo

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 11, 2011, 10:18:33 AM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 11, 2011, 09:54:50 AM
Those search engines suck cause it's on this site:
http://www.michaelfassbender.org/expressen.html
That's where I got it from.

I will say that is defo the passage they walk down when they first enter the derelect ship in A L I E N.

no doubt about it

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: nendo on Jan 07, 2012, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 11, 2011, 10:18:33 AM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 11, 2011, 09:54:50 AM
Those search engines suck cause it's on this site:
http://www.michaelfassbender.org/expressen.html
That's where I got it from.

I will say that is defo the passage they walk down when they first enter the derelect ship in A L I E N.

no doubt about it

It is!
I got the book Giger's Alien for christmas, it's in there. Just flipped sides.

I was wrong... ...so wrong. I'm so sorry...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=bubble+helmet&gs_sm=e&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed