brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,289 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

QuoteI've always heard you want as much light as possible.

Scott:  That's the downside.

But isn't Alien almost the antithesis of that because the movies have always been about shadow and darkness and hiding things.

Scott:  That's what Jim said. The problem is you'll have to grade it later. You'll have to grit your teeth and light it not the way you'd like it. And then later, you're gonna have to regrade it. Repaint it. In fact, Avatar, when you think about it, is almost a completely animated movie.
http://collider.com/ridley-scott-confirms-alien-prequel-will-be-shot-in-3d/22944/

Here are the stills with color grading:

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Did you do this yourself? Does look better.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Yes.

chupacabras acheronsis

mass effect space suits

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Wow these are awesome. The giant head keeps me interested and wanting for more!

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 23, 2011, 03:30:57 AM
mass effect space suits
Another quality comment courtesy of chupacabras acheronsis  ;D

I agree though (not saying this is necessary a bad thing), I would have liked to have seen some plating on their stomachs and legs.

SM

SM

"My torch is bigger than yours"

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Everything is so sleek, its hard to take in that this is the same universe.  Could an expensive, brand spanking new, scientific research vessel thats 30 years older look so much more sexy than a beat down, second-hand tug?

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Yes, just look at how advanced NASA's technology already was way back in 1969 when they landed on the moon.  It set the foreshadow for most of the technology we have now.

Also, I believe that some of Alien's old technology will be seen throughout the ship as well.

Everything looks pretty old fashioned in that still.

Never say no to Panda!

oh oh  :-\

Spoiler
[close]

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Please, don't start this.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

That's pretty funny, yeah Ridley Scott is insane enough to tie Alien 5 to AVP-R Wolf Predator right :D

Def feeling the giant human face statue, pretty creepy.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 23, 2011, 03:51:07 AM
Yes, just look at how advanced NASA's technology already was way back in 1969 when they landed on the moon.  It set the foreshadow for most of the technology we have now.

Also, I believe that some of Alien's old technology will be seen throughout the ship as well.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/prometheus/trailers/comicon19.jpg
Everything looks pretty old fashioned in that still.
Also,

Scientists in a laboratory, a la the Prometheus:

Miners on a rig, a la the Narcissus:

You kind of see where this is going, right?

SM

SM

No one looked like that on the Nostromo though.  They were tug jockies; not miners.

QuoteEverything is so sleek, its hard to take in that this is the same universe.  Could an expensive, brand spanking new, scientific research vessel thats 30 years older look so much more sexy than a beat down, second-hand tug?

I thought the same thing.  Mind you, the Sulaco was generally all shiny and new looking.  And to be honest so was A-Deck of the Nostromo.  It just looked messy and cramped, because the art direction was 'busy'.  And more than that it looked lived in.

Too soon to judge from the stills, but it does seem to carry a bit of Star Trek/ 2001 aesthetic in the space suits.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed