AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 34,726 times)

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Man thats crap. Always the same prob cut too death.

Helikaon

Helikaon

They said they haven't cut it

The BBFC isn't allowed to lie...

Of course they could recall the rating and then cut it down to a 12A...

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Lovely Man on Dec 04, 2007, 06:37:44 PM
Why are people bothered? We already know it's gory and has bad language. Are people angry purely because of the label 15? If so, that's ridiculous.

As I said, Alien was 15 when it was in cinemas a few years ago. We're getting the same film in all its adult detail. If it was exactly the same cut but someone randomly decided to give it an 18 it would make no difference.

Alien hardly has any gore in, what do you expect?

The Predator movies would be an 18 even if they came out now.

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 04, 2007, 06:39:31 PM
I'm learning a lot of people on the forums are under 17 lol.

Same here. It's pretty sad that people are only interested in being old enough to see it.

Huol

Huol

No, no it isn't. Read the damn thread.

The uk has totally different age ratings.

We don't have "R"

The matrix was a 15 here, but my Matrix poster clearly says "rated R" on it.

I'm fine with this rating, Alien is a 15 (sadly so was avp) at least this means i can go and see it in the cinema now... :\ meh, you people in america arn't affected so i don't see why you should care.

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 04, 2007, 06:41:54 PM
Quote from: Lovely Man on Dec 04, 2007, 06:37:44 PM
Why are people bothered? We already know it's gory and has bad language. Are people angry purely because of the label 15? If so, that's ridiculous.

As I said, Alien was 15 when it was in cinemas a few years ago. We're getting the same film in all its adult detail. If it was exactly the same cut but someone randomly decided to give it an 18 it would make no difference.

Alien hardly has any gore in, what do you expect?

The Predator movies would be an 18 even if they came out now.

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 04, 2007, 06:39:31 PM
I'm learning a lot of people on the forums are under 17 lol.

Same here. It's pretty sad that people are only interested in being old enough to see it.

Alien? Hardley any gore?

The chestbursting scene alone is worse than Saw. And that was an 18...

Ratings don't always depend on the level of gore alone.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Dec 04, 2007, 06:42:30 PM

We don't have "R"

I'm fine with this rating, Alien is a 15 (sadly so was avp) at least this means i can go and see it in the cinema now... :\ meh, you people in america arn't affected so i don't see why you should care.

I could easily get into a 18, but this news just has an 'AVP' round 2 feel to it.

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

I think terminator 3 was a 12a here and R there.

WisePredator

WisePredator

I'm glad I'm not interested in seeing it just because I'm old enough, I just want to see it because of "the experience", and also it would be my second time in the cinema.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 04, 2007, 05:46:02 PM
The BBFC added it to their site yesterday:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9646/00ep3.jpg

I'm pissed off to be honest. I was sure it would be an 18. Instead it has the same certifcate as AvP.  >:(

Woow darkness that really blows horse ass man but just wait and see man dont let that kill the hype bro....

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Aeus on Dec 04, 2007, 06:44:32 PM

We don't have "R"

I could easily get into a 18, but this news just has an 'AVP' round 2 feel to it.

I'm 16, I wouldn't be able to get into an 18... The odeon cinema is right across the road from me, they'd probably let me in, since they're losing customers to the new "Vue" cinema. I personally want to go to the Vue, nicer chairs, better quality, AWESOME sound. I'm happy i wont have to wait for a shitty rental copy or watch it online in a small streaming window...

This new rating has actually made me more excited for the movie, since theres no cuts, and it's exactly the same as what everyone else is watching with their "hard R" ratings, it's just that i can actually see it.  :D

Helikaon

Helikaon

QuoteSame here. It's pretty sad that people are only interested in being old enough to see it.

Sorry for being born late ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Dec 04, 2007, 06:48:43 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Dec 04, 2007, 06:44:32 PM

We don't have "R"

I'm 16, I wouldn't be able to get into an 18... The odeon cinema is right across the road from me, they'd probably let me in, since they're losing customers to the new "Vue" cinema. I personally want to go to the Vue, nicer chairs, better quality, AWESOME sound. I'm happy i wont have to wait for a shitty rental copy or watch it online in a small streaming window...

This new rating has actually made me more excited for the movie, since theres no cuts, and it's exactly the same as what everyone else is watching with their "hard R" ratings, it's just that i can actually see it.  :D

I'm 16 as well.

Huol

Huol

Like one of my friends your probably bigger, and look older than you really are.  ;)

I on the other hand, bleh. Although i could probably make myself look 17 ish if i tried.

Just checked a calendar on the pc, if the expected release date of the 18th stays on, then it will open on friday, should be able to go on the opening day that way. Huzzah.

WisePredator

WisePredator

If you consider 5'10 "big" and shaves, then I'm lucky, no?

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Like Darkness, I was sure it was gonna be rated '18'. It's really bemusing, because the general gist I get from this film is that it's f**king hardcore, but it gets the same rating as AvP...

And AvP is one of the most gore-lite, non-swearing 15-certificate films of all time.

avpmad!

avpmad!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

18th jan happest day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed