AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 20, 2022, 04:18:50 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator (Read 10,314 times)

Kradan

Kradan

@Xenomorphine, high five, I like Van Helsing too !

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 23, 2022, 09:29:39 PMI know. I just wanna watch that one with the guys here when it comes out.

That's lovely

BlueMarsalis79

Van Helsing's so stupid and I love it.

Great score as well.

Crazy Rich

It's good that I wasn't involved because I would of ripped the autism stuff to shreds as someone who is knowledgeable about autism.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2022, 09:04:25 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 23, 2022, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2022, 09:32:28 AMI  actually just have a profound love for the history of that film.

Requiem also seemed to interest you. I always thought to myself 'Why?'
The making of that movie is also kind of fascinating to me.

I also just really like AvP as a concept and have since I was little.

Yeah sometimes the journey of making a film is more fascinating than the film itself. There also seems to be potential in the AVP concept that has never been done true justice through Liveaction.

GreybackElder

That was a lot of fun! I still feel the same about that movie as I did in 2018. I was sitting there in a relatively empty theater at that time and boy oh boy was I disappointed. I thought the cast did well with what they had. But overall this felt like a predator parody. To quote Omegamorph: they pitched it, they drew the story boards and they filmed it and NOOOO one said anything? weaponized autism? Really? 4 out of 10.

I'm looking forward to the next one!

Some Old Dude

Hopefully I can get around to this on a work day that's all paperwork. I have to be honest this movie is bloody terrible, but with a crowd of mates in the cinema we actually had a great time. Shane Blacks dialogue at the very least keeps it from being a tedious bad movie.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I actually thought it was Black's weakest dialogues so far. And I'm a fan of his work.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jun 24, 2022, 09:23:06 PMthey pitched it, they drew the story boards and they filmed it and NOOOO one said anything? 
it really be like that

Crazy Rich

Besides autism having nothing to do with evolution, the kid's autism was broadly inconsistent as f**k and as genius and gifted (and very rare) as savants are I'm pretty sure that his abilities are another case of how autism doesn't work.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 26, 2022, 02:40:38 PMBesides autism having nothing to do with evolution,

Well not quite.

But yeah, it was a bad idea for a Predator movie and it was handled in the shitiest way posible.

Crazy Rich

Interesting, even just saw a bit how one Yale study suggests that genetic variants linked to autism may have been positively selected during human evolution because they contribute to improved cognition.

But yea how The Predator handled autism was absurd.

Some Old Dude

I work in disability support and yeah it's is ridiculous, but I appreciated the attempt at positive portrayal, despite being bungled as idiotically as it was.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jun 27, 2022, 12:34:01 AMI work in disability support and yeah it's is ridiculous, but I appreciated the attempt at positive portrayal, despite being bungled as idiotically as it was.
I mean was it even? All I could see in the movie was script-convenient hollywood autism.

Crazy Rich

I have autism and it's closer to being plot convenience syndrome than ASD.

Not to mention that some people actually buy that shit which does more harm than good I think, at least a couple people have come up to me fully convinced that's what autism is and all I wanted to do was leave this planet, especially when I try to explain to them what real autism is but they don't even wanna listen.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 27, 2022, 01:04:01 AMNot to mention that some people actually buy that shit which does more harm than good I think, at least a couple people have come up to me fully convinced that's what autism is and all I wanted to do was leave this planet, especially when I try to explain to them what real autism is but they don't even wanna listen.
yyyep

I mean it's their fault that they'd get their info on real life from this crock but the movie is no more innocent for this

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed