AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 20, 2022, 04:18:50 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator (Read 10,308 times)

Corporal Hicks

It’s been a couple of years since our first fan commentary of Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, but we finally found the will to go back and re-watch The Predator in order to put together our second fan commentary (right-click and save as to download)!

AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator

As with Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, it’s not two hours of us ripping into the film. We explore what aspects of the film we enjoy, where we think it fails, if the Emmisaries would have really helped the film and plenty more!

We have also published a separate version of the commentary that includes the film audio, as well as an upload on our YouTube channel without the film audio.

What did you think of our fan commentary? Be sure to let us know down below! We're previously had the pleasure of chatting to people involved in The Predator for our Podcast: ADI’s Alec Gillis who joined us to talk about the creature effects on The Predator,  and Brian A. Prince and Kyle Strauts, the performers who portrayed the film’s Predators. They're well worth a listen if we do say so ourselves!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

BlueMarsalis79

Oh lawd, oh yes.

I'm guessing AVP next?

Then Resurrection, then Prometheus and Alien Covenant afterwards, then Predators, Alien³ or Predator 2, Aliens or Predator, then Alien.

BigDaddyJohn

Do you have protective sunglasses ? The CGI upgrade predator could make you blind for real.

Kradan

Kradan

So bummed out I don't have a chance to give this a listen because as of right now Kradan is a refugee travelling around Ukraine and mobile Internet is too damn slow for podcasts. Glad to hear you tried to go easier on the movie, Corporal

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 20, 2022, 05:21:02 PMI'm guessing AVP next?

Then Resurrection, then Prometheus and Alien Covenant afterwards, then Predators, Alien³ or Predator 2, Aliens or Predator, then Alien.

I think we need to do a vote on it actually.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 20, 2022, 06:44:01 PMSo bummed out I don't have a chance to give this a listen because as of right now Kradan is a refugee travelling around Ukraine and mobile Internet is too damn slow for podcasts. Glad to hear you tried to go easier on the movie, Corporal

I'm sorry to hear that, bud. It'll be there for you when you're able and need the entertainment!

BlueMarsalis79

AVP's a far worse film than Alien Resurrection. It's by Paul W.S Anderson for Christ's sake. Jean-Pierre Jeunet at his very worst's still a far better creative than him.

But genuinely though this might be one of the funniest and most entertaining things you guys have done.
I eagerly await more. 
Getting to the chopper.

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 21, 2022, 10:09:28 AMAVP's a far worse film than Alien Resurrection. It's by Paul W.S Anderson for Christ's sake. Jean-Pierre Jeunet at his very worst's still a far better creative than him.

But genuinely though this might be one of the funniest and most entertaining things you guys have done.
I eagerly await more. 
Getting to the chopper.

Specifically liking the second bit of what you said there.  :P

Glad you enjoyed.

GreybackElder

Oh boy I am pumped to hear this one.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I joined in late so I couldn't diss on the movie as much as I wanted to  :'(

426Buddy

426Buddy

That was fun! I didn't watch the film while listening but it was a good time anyway.

Can't really disagree with much of the criticism in this one.

I hope one day that we do see the emissary cut, I think the film would be better or at least a fun time. I agreed with ridgetop, I was "okay" with this film until the Fugitive dies, then it's all down hill from there.

Also Fugitive is ADIs best predator, mandibles aside.

Voodoo would have been great on this podcast #missed

Nole

Had it been up to me I would have burned the script for this movie long before it started filming.  The original predator character is already perfect.  Modifying it with human DNA? Beyond idiocy.  The CGI dogs were horrific.  I rank this movie dead last out of all of the Predator and Alien films.  It's even worse than AVP-R.

BigDaddyJohn

I think Black and Dekker were highly motivated by non-repeating the old formula. They succeeded. But it was overkill.

DaniilLogOut

DaniilLogOut

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 22, 2022, 12:27:45 AMI hope one day that we do see the emissary cut, I think the film would be better or at least a fun time.

#this

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2022, 08:20:13 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 20, 2022, 05:21:02 PMI'm guessing AVP next?

I think we need to do a vote on it actually.

I already know which one I am going to vote for. ;D

SiL

I want in on the AvP commentary :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed