Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (34.7%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (24.5%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.1%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.2%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 19,069 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 21, 2022, 12:29:25 PM
Yeah I had the same thought, but Steve Asbell mentioned in that interview recently that they're still working on several projects with him after Napoleon, so there's that..

Fingers crossed. Ridley's definitely still in their good graces as producer, at least, what with the Noah Hawley show and Fede Álvarez movie (and Asbell seems to have a particular affection for Ridley and his prequels, based on his Twitter posts) and the recent Kenneth Branagh Hercule Poirot movies.

I wonder what particular (Alien-related or otherwise) film(s) Asbell might be referring to, that Scott apparently has up his sleeve as a director at 20th. It'd have to be something after Gladiator 2 at this point. :D

BlueMarsalis79

Disney always wants to build brands, they do not rock the boat, if he ever got to make another Alien prequel they would absolutely make an effort to not incur the criticisms that the others incurred even if they miss the point and create new ones.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2022, 01:24:48 PM
Disney always wants to build brands, they do not rock the boat

This is the main thing that worries me. I'd much rather see risks taken, even if they don't all land, than see them simply play safe and just retread Alien/Aliens (as The Force Awakens is to A New Hope).

For the many issues I have with the sound of certain elements Hawley show (namely the Prometheus-era, pre-Alien Earth setting), I'm at least intrigued by the fact that it seems to be leaning into/expanding on ideas that go beyond what was just in the first couple movies.

But as I've said a few times, I am all for seeing - and explicitly want to see - new filmmakers come in and really put their own stamp on the material. That's the whole fun of Alien as an ongoing franchise to me, the way it is always reinventing itself under the guiding hand of some real A-level filmmakers with very distinct voices. I just really wish that the Ridley Scott prequels would have gotten a chance to properly wrap up before we kickstarted this particular wave of new films/shows from new filmmakers that we're about to enter with Hawley and Álvarez.

And I also wish Alien's entire future wasn't locked into Hulu, but I digress there...

BlueMarsalis79

Well that's exactly what I'm saying and they have already stated openly, the films on Hulu can do whatever they want essentially as can Noah Hawley, but any big event Theatrical Film? Like a final prequel, or an AVP film, will be played safe.

Some Old Dude

I honestly don't think we'll see aliens on earth. It seems more like we'll see what it's like from Earths perspective when stuff goes down that would go down in a usual Alien movie.

thexenomorph

I hope there's a chance we get Engineers involved! Prometheus is my favorite movie (along with Alien and Signs), and I would love to have them play a part in the series again.

That being said, I still hope they change the Space Jockey to an actual elephant like being, that would be quite spooky. And hopefully David is not the Space Jockey, and I'd hope he really isn't the creator of the xenomorphs.

Also, the concept art looks eerie!

Local Trouble

Quote from: thexenomorph on Nov 24, 2022, 01:10:14 AMI hope there's a chance we get Engineers involved! Prometheus is my favorite movie (along with Alien and Signs), and I would love to have them play a part in the series again.

That being said, I still hope they change the Space Jockey to an actual elephant like being, that would be quite spooky. And hopefully David is not the Space Jockey, and I'd hope he really isn't the creator of the xenomorphs.

Also, the concept art looks eerie!

I have such mixed emotions reading the above.

xenotaris

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PMIn Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

Well with Fargo, you would have to be a real terrible film maker to mess that up since it has a simple premise.

ALIEN needs a more delicate touch compared to the Fargo Universe. There is a certain look, a certain feel you have to capture with anything ALIEN branded other wise you'll get another Alien Resurrection movie and from the sounds of it Hawley's Alien series has a lot of Alien Resurrection vibes to it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: xenotaris on May 04, 2023, 03:20:50 AMHawley's Alien series has a lot of Alien Resurrection vibes to it.

This.

Ingwar

Quote from: xenotaris on May 04, 2023, 03:20:50 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PMIn Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

Well with Fargo, you would have to be a real terrible film maker to mess that up since it has a simple premise.

There is a certain look, a certain feel you have to capture with anything ALIEN Fargo branded other wise you'll get another Alien Resurrection mediocre crime movie.

I'm not over the moon about android ninja picture but I try not to judge the book by its cover. It might be a great series in the end.

Sarahlyn35

If the story is set on Earth, but is dealing with the aftermath of the species being found on other planets (as other forum commenters have alluded to earlier) and it creeping closer to Earth itself then I think I could be on board with that. Even if a slower burn might be harder to maintain in a TV show.... Them already being here might be a bit of a tough sell..
As for David... no. Please no.
Just my humble little opinion.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Could see the end of the Alien Romulus plot segueway into opening the story of the tv series

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David Weyland on May 07, 2023, 01:54:27 PMCould see the end of the Alien Romulus plot segueway into opening the story of the tv series

I wouldn't expect that. Both projects are being touted as standalone stories set in this universe.

David Weyland

Perhaps,I personally prefer continuity over takes on the franchise in a separate vacuum
It's just a guess and with it I've missed out on a detail but maybe the abandoned Weyland Yutani ship mentioned in the leak of the Romulus audition tapes could be the ship that crashed into the city that we see in the Hawley series artwork, I think as an idea it'd be neat

xenotaris

Quote from: Ingwar on May 04, 2023, 08:40:20 AM
Quote from: xenotaris on May 04, 2023, 03:20:50 AM

There is a certain look, a certain feel you have to capture with anything ALIEN Fargo branded other wise you'll get another Alien Resurrection mediocre crime movie.

I'm not over the moon about android ninja picture but I try not to judge the book by its cover. It might be a great series in the end.

Did you edit and butcher my quote?

Also no, its more than just duel wielding sword cyborg marvel superhero tm. The fact that the xenomorphs are on earth before the events of ALIEN gives me AVP 2004 vibes which invalidated Ellen Ripley's quest to eradicated the xenomorphs. It seems to me that Hawley is a fan of Alien Resurrection and AVP which MOST Alien fans are opposed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed