Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,508 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 25, 2018, 02:03:08 AM
Before you fall asleep, there is still that moment when you are awake inside that pod which is sealed shut.  I think I would go mental.

I imagine you'd get healthy dose of sedatives first.

Wysps

The Old One

The Old One

Makes me wonder why, if that's the practical head and essentially always what the Neomorph was intended to look like, even in it's digital iteration-

Why then would NECA use this inferior (And inaccurate) model for a basis?

Personally I find it extremely irritating.
Because this is such a fantastic looking creature that deserved a better representation.

SM

The Old One

The Old One

The joys of likeness distribution lol.

Local Trouble

Looks more like Biggs.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 25, 2018, 11:55:49 PM
Looks more like Biggs.

Biggs was right, that figure is never leaving the store shelves.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 25, 2018, 11:55:49 PM
Looks more like Biggs.

It's obviously àlex brendemühl. We're about to get "the german doctor" in space.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Kanestache looking lit! Wouldn't get prego with that beautiful protection on his face, I'll tell you that.

Corporal Hicks

It'd tickle the facehugger right off.

Still Collating...

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 25, 2018, 11:33:02 PM
Makes me wonder why, if that's the practical head and essentially always what the Neomorph was intended to look like, even in it's digital iteration-

Why then would NECA use this inferior (And inaccurate) model for a basis?

Personally I find it extremely irritating.
Because this is such a fantastic looking creature that deserved a better representation.

Because it was accurate at the time. Neca got the concept art and the look of the suit designs, probably the CGI version didn't exist yet. I don't believe they were even informed about the change in design. That's the danger with trying to get a figure out by the time of a movie release. You only get to see those first designs and knowing how Scott likes to change his mind on the fly, there was never a chance in hell for Neca to see the final version before it was too late. They certainly didn't choose the earlier design on purpose, that's literally the only design they were given. And since they were the only company to release a Neomorph figure when the film released, that's the down side we get. An earlier design, some like it, some don't.

SM

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Jun 26, 2018, 10:49:10 AM
Kanestache looking lit! Wouldn't get prego with that beautiful protection on his face, I'll tell you that.

:laugh:

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2018, 10:52:10 AMIt'd tickle the facehugger right off.

I lol'd, then realised; I can't recall ever seeing a moustache get hugged. Then I lol'd way harder.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 25, 2018, 11:11:02 PM
Before you fall asleep, there is still that moment when you are awake inside that pod which is sealed shut.  I think I would go mental.

Indeed! Hey, Local... waft me some narco, wouldya?  ;D

Quote from: SM on Jun 25, 2018, 11:43:59 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/6385_press03-001.jpg

"Kane"
That 'stache needs a freezerino of its own!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 25, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

Why do you think they had all that pot aboard the Covenant?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed