Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,294 times)

M_Tak

Ahhh ok that makes sense, annoying that both were pushed back for everyone too. I ordered both too.

Is the front cover of the collector book still that one on the Amazon website? I assumed it was temporary art as it just looks like a stock photo from the late 90s/ early 2000's. Love the cover of the 'Making Of' artbook though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some concept art shared by the IG account -

Ulfer

QuoteSome concept art shared by the IG account -
That one is interesting.

Ravager

Im itching to see more artwork from Davids Lab!!!!

Or pictures of the lab itself!!

RidgeTop

Some incredible new art posted by Wayne Hagg.

Spoiler

[close]

https://www.artstation.com/artist/ankaris/albums/84167

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Love it! Some great detail in that Juggernaut. Looking forward to seeing more of what he designed for the Neocropolis too.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2017, 12:34:05 PM

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2017, 06:07:03 AM
Love it! Some great detail in that Juggernaut. Looking forward to seeing more of what he designed for the Neocropolis too.

I'd love if the Necropolis was made into an interactive VR experience.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2017, 06:07:03 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2017, 12:34:05 PM

FYI - This is more marketing imagery by Dane Hallett. Not concept art from the film.

RidgeTop

Carlos Huante just posted a ton of stuff too:

http://www.carlos-huante-monstruo.com/

Corporal Hicks

That is a legitimate metric f**k tonne of Neomorph artwork. I was just about to check to see if Huante had shared anything too. Thanks for sharing.

M_Tak

Ah Giger's artwork or inspired artwork features in Weyland's white room, in the paintings.

Corporal Hicks

Nicely caught! Hadn't noticed that.

RabidNinja

What a waste of talent. It was blatently obvious they'd be using the old concept art for the deacon in prometheus, which is EXACTLY what the neomorph is in Covenant. It's amazing art nonetheless, but ofcourse they'd go for the more covert and compact approach with the spores and neomorph.

Hemi

Love the egg scene by Carlos. That's realy fcked up...  :laugh:

Lot's of body horror. The neomorphs are not that good comparred to the Prometheus ones he drew, so I fully understand why they used the old concept art. Some of them look like ACM's Dinosaur head aliens from the bug hunt section of the game.

The flower that completely morphs a man is epic... That should have been in the movie if you ask me.

RawMeat

Quote from: M_Tak on May 22, 2017, 09:08:53 AM
Ah Giger's artwork or inspired artwork features in Weyland's white room, in the paintings.

They are "Three Studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion" by Francis Bacon. It's from 1944. Giger might have been inspired by it while designing Alien elements.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed