Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,398 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Firestarter (2022)

Yeah, this wasn't very good. It was very middling for most of it, but the dialogue and exposition gets worse and worse as the movie goes on. And then the weird changes to the story start to pile up and culminate in a baffling ending.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Absentia

Pretty solid debut film for Mike Flanagan, just a little rough in spots on a technical level.

Wysps

Wysps

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, courtesy of The Asylum.  So "good", I watched it twice  :P

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Lamb (2021)

It was cool...whatever it is. Although once the mystery was revealed, it looked like one of those bizarre Japanese commercials  ;D   

The Night House (2021)

This is the kind of horror movie that doesn't have to be scary to be good lol

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien (1979) Theatrical Cut Laserdisc

I wanted to watch Alien as I originally remembered seeing it back in the day before the various colour regrades of the modern releases.  Someone kindly sent me Laserdisc rips of the theatrical cuts of all 3 films.

Kradan

Kradan

Men of Honor

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oculus

Now that's a good horror movie. That light bulb scene.  :o

Men

Holy f**k, Alex Garland, how did you come up with that? :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Aliens (1986) Theatrical Cut Laserdisc

Lots of memories and nostalgia watching Alien and Aliens in this old format.  I've enjoyed the trip down memory lane  :)

Stitch

Stitch

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Awesome movie. I wish I'd seen it in the cinema.

Prez

Prez

Spiderman: No Way Home  Brilliant and what a trip down memory lane. No surprise that my 2 fav Marvel Universe films have been both Spidey films.

Kradan

Kradan

Matrix Reloaded

Matrix Revolutions

Spoiler
Couldn't sleep last night so just took of my laptop and started rewatching Reloaded. Man, I can't get enough of these movies. I know they're flawed movies, oftenly they feel like a compilation of great scenes badly glued together but I'll be damned if they're not captivating to watch.

I wouldn't call myself a particularly big fan of "action movies" but holy shit I can watch these scenes on loop:

I absolutely adore final Neo vs Smith even though it doesn't make a lot of sense why Smith wouldn't just send all of his clones against The One. I guess, it makes it feel more personal when they're just one on one and it doesn't matter really 'cause Neo still "loses" in the end

Love that visual parallel - everything that has a beginning, has an end

Also, Battle for Zion is such a basket of crazy stupid fun. I mean, giant robots with big guns operated by humans versus spaghetti bots, c'mon, gotta love it

That scene is might be too stretched out and eventually one begins asking "When are we gonna get back to Neo and Trinity ?" but it has a lot of great character moments. It's nice to see movie take a moment to show that it's not only Neo who is fighting for survival of humanity - it's the collective struggle of all the humans. Captain Mifune's death is gotta be my favourite of these moments:

"- Captain, I didn't finish the training program.
 - Neither did I"

Sequels throw so many interesting characters at us, it's crazy. Only if you care enough to listen what they have to say, of course:

And, of course, the man responsible for a pretentious speech to put an end to all of pretentious speeches:

Spoiler
Searched "matrix architect gif" and this is just too good to not put in here

[close]

Score deserves a special mention - so many memorable tracks !

[close]

Darkness

Darkness

The Grudge (2004)

Still really like this. Very creepy and eerie atmosphere.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Our father (documentary)

This was such a bizarre thing to watch especially since what this doctor did was legally ok..pretty disgusting.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kradan on May 21, 2022, 06:27:18 PMMatrix Reloaded

Matrix Revolutions

Spoiler
Couldn't sleep last night so just took of my laptop and started rewatching Reloaded. Man, I can't get enough of these movies. I know they're flawed movies, oftenly they feel like a compilation of great scenes badly glued together but I'll be damned if they're not captivating to watch.

I wouldn't call myself a particularly big fan of "action movies" but holy shit I can watch these scenes on loop:

I absolutely adore final Neo vs Smith even though it doesn't make a lot of sense why Smith wouldn't just send all of his clones against The One. I guess, it makes it feel more personal when they're just one on one and it doesn't matter really 'cause Neo still "loses" in the end

Love that visual parallel - everything that has a beginning, has an end

Also, Battle for Zion is such a basket of crazy stupid fun. I mean, giant robots with big guns operated by humans versus spaghetti bots, c'mon, gotta love it

That scene is might be too stretched out and eventually one begins asking "When are we gonna get back to Neo and Trinity ?" but it has a lot of great character moments. It's nice to see movie take a moment to show that it's not only Neo who is fighting for survival of humanity - it's the collective struggle of all the humans. Captain Mifune's death is gotta be my favourite of these moments:

"- Captain, I didn't finish the training program.
 - Neither did I"

Sequels throw so many interesting characters at us, it's crazy. Only if you care enough to listen what they have to say, of course:

And, of course, the man responsible for a pretentious speech to put an end to all of pretentious speeches:

Spoiler
Searched "matrix architect gif" and this is just too good to not put in here

[close]

Score deserves a special mention - so many memorable tracks !

[close]

Spoiler
Can't believe I forgot to mention the best thing about sequels - Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. Neo eliminated him in the first one, his return was never properly explained (just as most things in these movies are -"I don't fully understand how it happened" lol) but f**k it, he is back, he's running havoc against everything and everyone and I'm glad he is. Seriously, each time that man is on screen I shit my pants with joy

Also, gotta love that exchange

[close]

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien 3 (1992) Theatrical Cut Laserdisc & Workprint

Since it's the 30th Anniversary I saved the laserdisc for today  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed