The most recent concert you have been to.

Started by Ghost Rider, Mar 27, 2008, 01:24:50 AM

Author
The most recent concert you have been to. (Read 77,665 times)

Prez

The Wiggles with my 2 young daughters and wife.

I've seen Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Lamb of God, Hatebreed and so many other brutal metal bands live but that Wiggles performance was absolutely brutal.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Prez on Nov 25, 2016, 12:30:15 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 24, 2016, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: Prez on Nov 24, 2016, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 23, 2016, 07:43:31 PM
Death Angel, Anthrax, and Slayer at The Sound Academy. It was definitely not the ideal venue for heavy metal. My ears were being pierced so badly halfway through Slayer's set that I had to plug them up.

VERY F**KING COOL.

Anthrax is my favourite band of all time (been a fan since the mid 80s) and I've been a Slayer fan for decades too. Used to love Death Angels' Seemingly Endless Time.

Hope your ears are better now.
Anthrax had a better set IMO because they were more lively. The lead singer (name escapes me right now) along with Scotty always keep everyone energised. Slayer had a very Satanic backdrop which was keeping in line with their music and it looked bloody awesome, but they were kinda meh in how they reacted to the crowd.

And thanks haha. They were ringing for almost a week after the show was over!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep Anthrax always are very energetic on stage. Joey (Belladonna) has a great voice and presence in the band - happy he's back (though I did love their John Bush era music too).

I've seen Slayer live 3 times and whilst I'm a huge fan I can agree that they stand their belting out their songs and not much else. I miss Jeff :-(

Wanna hear something depressing? I saw Slayer live for the first time in 2012, when Hanneman was still around. I had no idea what that meant :-[

Prez

@DoomRulz I think most of us had no idea Jeff's life would be cut short at such a young age. Feel blessed we got to see him live - I know I do and as sad as it is to not have him around any more at least his music is still there for all of us.

Whiskeybrewer

Black Sabbath - The End (The Final Show)
February 4th Birmingham Genting Arena (formerly NEC/L.G Arena)

Amazing. Its like a fever dream now

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 10, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

W O W!!!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Feb 11, 2017, 02:07:02 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 10, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

W O W!!!

Was a fantastic show

SpreadEagleBeagle

Crazy World of Arthur Brown at Slim's in SF. Great show despite him not wearing his burning fire contraption hat, especially felt weird when they played the classic "Fire". Someone said that the ceiling was to low for him to wear that thing (fire hazard). Anyways, great show. He still got it - he's a human acid trip.

FiorinaFury161

Just got back from...

Tears For Fears / Darryl Hall and John Oates

All I can say about TFF is... I was in the eighth row and made direct eye contact with Roland Orzabal for a solid second. I am going to be in awe until my death. :D

Crossed off another bucket list item/10

As for Hall and Oates, it was surprisingly very VERY good. Was a tad sad they didn't play Adult Education, but the 15 minute jazz rock version of I Can't Go For That was absolute brilliance and pure musicianship.

9.5/10

The missing .5 was because Hall looked upset his main guitar kept screwing up.

Prez

Living Colour at the Gov (here in Adelaide).

Still the coolest band on the planet. Better than ever.

Space_Dementia

Seen The Maccabees at Alexandra Palace in London, part of their farewell tour, was amazing! Absolutely beautiful and was emotional for me, it being the last time i'll see them live, adore The Maccabees.

Cellien

Carpenter Brut

Wweyland

Coldplay in Frankfurt. They are a great live band.

Apollo

Blink 182 back in July, great show but no the same without Tom Delonge.

Whiskeybrewer

Alice Cooper, The Mission and The Tubes at The Arena Birmingham back in November last year.

Such a great show. All bands fitted well together and seeing the encore with the surviving O.G's was brilliant

Prez

The Butterfly Effect - local legendary cult Aussie rock band who recently reformed for a series of gigs. BRILLIANT! Got to see it with my son (and ex wife - weird). Was an awesome gig.

Seeing Suicidal Tendencies next Monday for the 3rd time!! GO CYCO!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed