Fugitive vs Upgrade Fight - So the Predator finally *SPOILERS*

Started by germanator2, Sep 07, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

Author
Fugitive vs Upgrade Fight - So the Predator finally *SPOILERS* (Read 16,209 times)

PredBabe

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 16, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
Yea but then a normal dude with a plain steel knife managed to stab the f**ker. Although I thought he actually broke his wrist blades by hitting them with a forearm whack.  ???

True. Could it have been the fire that had an affect on his skin armor?

At any rate I still think it is b.s. that Fugitive didn't fallback and regroup. Honorable death or not, it becomes a death wish at a certain point. Plus he was on a mission which is why he was running from the get-go.

Samhain13

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 16, 2018, 01:26:48 PM
Yea but then a normal dude with a plain steel knife managed to stab the f**ker. Although I thought he actually broke his wrist blades by hitting them with a forearm whack.  ???

At any rate I still think it is b.s. that Fugitive didn't fallback and regroup. Honorable death or not, it becomes a death wish at a certain point. Plus he was on a mission which is why he was running from the get-go.

The writers wanted the Fugitive to get killed to make the Upgrade look good.They don't care about it making sense or not. Its just bad writing.

yautjapet

Nathsp

At that point the movie ends, the cool predator let the new kill him with no fight back...

Naginata

To be fair, it does seem a very 'Predator' thing to do. When it doubt, SHOOT. Missed? STAB.

My favorite thing about this scene is how absolutely miserable Fugitive looks after he's been slammed into the car. You can practically hear him going "oowwwwww..."

yautjapet

I wouldn't say he let Upgrade kill him without fighting - Fugitive shot him, and when that failed he charged and took a swing at him even though he surely must have known it was futile and he was outmatched. He was probably so stunned from being slammed violently into the car that there wasn't much he could do to pick himself back up before being sadly pummeled. I cringed at the sound he made when Upgrade grabbed his throat... :'(

PredBabe

PredBabe

That distressed sound he makes when his blades break...  :'(

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 16, 2018, 05:57:48 PM
That strangled sound he makes when his blades break...  :'(

if the 2 friendly predator's wasen't cut from the movie would he still have died at the same spot
or would it have turned out way different ?

Nathsp

So instead of step back he go full retarded agains him,  while with humans he go arround jumping... The  fight was pacted, he had to loose, even if we know that he could beat him or give more fight

Wysps

Yeah, to me it seemed like a cheap out of character move to make the Fugitive look pansy in comparison to the Upgrade. He was on a mission to get his shit back and run, not do a wrestling match with the big guy. If staying in character, would he really have compromised "the mission" by staying and fighting someone who completely outmatched him? Even for a Predator, I find that hard to believe.

Naginata

I think the intention is that he knew he couldn't beat or escape from Sir Roids-A-Lot, so he opted for a final 'f**k You' before going out. When he broke the wristblades and got slammed again (and I agree, that noise was tragic :'( ) it was almost like he was saying "This was supposed to be a lot cooler... My ancestors are gonna be pissed."

Marc505

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 16, 2018, 05:57:48 PM
That distressed sound he makes when his blades break...  :'(

I didn't need this  :( was actually sad to see his face punched in as well. The only death in the film I actually felt anything for!

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 06:35:58 PM

Yeah, to me it seemed like a cheap out of character move to make the Fugitive look pansy in comparison to the Upgrade. He was on a mission to get his shit back and run, not do a wrestling match with the big guy. If staying in character, would he really have compromised "the mission" by staying and fighting someone who completely outmatched him? Even for a Predator, I find that hard to believe.

It's justa good question, what that "mission" was, given that he already delivered the package. He didn't stay out of character, for he never really had one, unfortunately. The only point in that scene was showing how big and bad the upgrade is.

About the predator speech, I thought it would have been presented rather something organic, not some robotic sound. Maybe the pgrade has somecybernetic in it, who knows.

Wysps

Quote from: Naginata on Sep 16, 2018, 06:54:18 PM
I think the intention is that he knew he couldn't beat or escape from Sir Roids-A-Lot, so he opted for a final 'f**k You' before going out. When he broke the wristblades and got slammed again (and I agree, that noise was tragic :'( ) it was almost like he was saying "This was supposed to be a lot cooler... My ancestors are gonna be pissed."

Maybe...it seemed like prior to breaking his wrist blades, he thought maybe he could put up a decent fight. And then when that didn't work, he'd go out in a blaze of glory or get in one last hurrah. That noise though  :'(

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 16, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 06:35:58 PM

It's justa good question, what that "mission" was, given that he already delivered the package. He didn't stay out of character, for he never really had one, unfortunately. The only point in that scene was showing how big and bad the upgrade is.

You might have a point there. At this time in the story, was the mission already completed? What was the ultimate goal for him at this point?

Nathsp

Its initial mision was to recover the thing that the kid has, that light pen that interfers with the ship, the crappy cgi suit was added after that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed