Begins Filming in January?

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 02, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Author
Begins Filming in January? (Read 23,290 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Just can't see it happening but will welcome it if they actually do start shooting in January.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So what happen to Alien 5? What's the point on doing Promethues 2 if they are going to do Alien 5 soon. More people want to see A5 then a sequel to a movie that most people didn't care for.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 04, 2015, 12:55:17 AM
So what happen to Alien 5? What's the point on doing Promethues 2 if they are going to do Alien 5 soon. More people want to see A5 then a sequel to a movie that most people didn't care for.

Assuming the January thing is true, they're probably doing the two movies close together. Scott is a producer on Alien 5, I imagine he could do that while directing the Prometheus sequel. Either way, I won't hold my breath until we get more official confirmation.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

What the devil could be accomplished by filming two aliens movies at the same time other than having both of them coincide in the same universe or them being part i and part ii ?

;D

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2015, 02:30:23 PM
This Time Questions Will Definitely Be Answered
Haha, oh lord, the first slogan truly captured the pretentiousness of the first film. This new one though tries to redeem what it failed to deliver after what it so effortlessly tried to build up. If I were to personify these films I would say that they're that overzealous college student who failed their philosophy midterm only to come back twice as motivated for the final.

The question here is will the student pass?..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully without Lindelof's involvement the story might actually have some coherency.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 04, 2015, 09:42:41 AM
Hopefully without Lindelof's involvement the story might actually have some coherency.

Hopefully without Lindelof's involvement there might actually be a story and not just a premise/prologue.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Looking forward to it, especially since Lindelof is out of the picture. I'm hoping the story isn't a garbled mix of interesting ideas and is instead something with focus to it, "coherency" as Hicks said.

CainsSon

CainsSon

It saves on production costs and hopefully makes for more cohesion. Also siggy weaves can set visit Prometheus 2 and throw in her input!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

What the devil could be accomplished with that? What the devil?
::)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Why not? They're based in the same universe, not the same plot.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I would think more people would see Alien 5 happen first. A lot of buzz on the web happened when news for Alien 5 finally show up. With Alien 5 coming, who wants to see Prometheus 2. We also have Predator 4 too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It wont hurt them having them alongside each other. In fact, they'll probably hope of buzz bouncing from one to the other.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Depending on the stories of the two films, certain props could also be shared between the two productions if they film on the same sound stages.

For example, if they need a full sized pilot chamber for both films only one prop would need to be built, potentially saving millions of $'s.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 05, 2015, 01:20:35 PM
Depending on the stories of the two films, certain props could also be shared between the two productions if they film on the same sound stages.

For example, if they need a full sized pilot chamber for both films only one prop would need to be built, potentially saving millions of $'s.

Indeed. Hopefully the stories wont be too similar or it'll be like take 1 and take 2 but if they do share elements it'll greatly decrease the costs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed