Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth

Started by Darkness, Jun 02, 2007, 11:09:42 PM

Author
Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth (Read 15,814 times)

Darkness

Jesus, just when you think things can’t get any worse, they do. Comic-Con have got the title of AvP2 down as: Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth.

Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth, American Gangster, Babylon AD, Balls of Fury, Beowulf, The Bourne Ultimatum, Coraline, Fred Claus, Get Smart, The Golden Compass, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, I Am Legend, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones 4, Invasion, Iron Man…

It’s arguably worse than the Survival of the Fittest tagline. I’m sure the directors will be quick to deny it if it isn’t true but Comic-Con must have got it from somewhere. It could be a Christmas-style tagline too I guess like “Whoever Wins… We Lose…” for AvP. Thanks to AB2K for the news.

EDIT: Colin Strause has since confirmed that it is in fact the tagline, not the title: “That’s not the name of the movie. Someone must of heard the tag line, and stuck it with the old name. “

SiL

What worries me most is that they're obviously going through potential names. Why is AvP 2 not good enough for them? Aliens was just Aliens. Short, sweet, to the point. No need to cheese it up.

The Ultimate Predator

Exactly. AvP2. There. Use it.

Izz

Izz

Dunno, think it's quite fitting.   :P    It'd probably work better as a tagline, though it's hardly as original & striking as "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream"

Corporal Hicks

Here's to hoping it's a tagline.

dDave

I think "(AVP2 - )Aliens vs. Predator " would be a good title for this movie, because its short like aliens and predator and they  used anyway most aspects from those movies, so that it would be a cool and i think a normal title for such a movie^^ or what you are thinking about a perfect title.... anyway, the title "Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth" is so absurd^^ and too long.

Keyes

Darkness, why did you start the news item with "Jesus, just when you think things can't get any worse"... I thought the info we've received on AVP2 has been pretty good thus far (this aside)?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

I would shorten it up to ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR - NO PEACE if we HAD TO have this as a tagline... That or AVP-NO PEACE, but it would just be better if they just named it ALienS versus Predator instead of the first ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR... If they had to buy the rights, so be it... It would be better, it would  be as subtle as Alien/Aliens and it would distinguish the first from the second easily and without controversy...

Darkness

Sorry, I'm still pissed off about the small budget of AvP2. But I was getting at the fact that many sites are still using the Survival of the Fittest tagline.

Keyes

I'm not so sure a small budget will be a problem... it may well work in it's favour by not becoming too "OTT" like a few of the other films have been in places. They may have saved money due to the fact that the Brother's FX company is handling that side of things - the rest of the budget could have gone on the rest (in camera work) to bring it up to scratch.

YutaniDitch

Daz, despite the fact that the brothers own Hydraulx, they still have to pay their employees!   I agree with you though and taking the LA FEMME NIKITA series as an example, the less money they have, the more creative and more story-driven they become, so I think (I am always optimistic) this may actually help the story, but given the fact that the Strauses already said the movie will be effects-heavy, has raised some doubts in my mind... A small budget (34 million, with or without promotional marketing costs included   ???  ) plus visual-effects heaviness sound they will have to save money on perhaps too many places...  But I am still confident that AVP2 will prevail where AVP failed and that we will get a run for our money...    ;)  

Darkness

The low budget will clearly be evident on how the film looks and its set pieces. Even Anderson had to cut loads of stuff out of AvP because of budget reasons. But I also understand, that the low budget is the only reason this is R-Rated. Given what I was told last week, I'm fairly concerned about AvP2.

Keyes

Hmmm, regarding set pieces I think the only major ones are the sewer, hospital, that miliraty building (seen in the behind the scenes snippet) and probably some home interiors from what we've heard/gathered - nothing major to construct, and most of it was filmed in outdoor locations? Pre-built! If a few "detail" sacrifices have to be made to ensure a higher rating, then I think it's perhaps worth it.  Was there something you were told last week Darkness to prompt your fears that we haven't heard?

Darkness

I can\'t say. All it would do is generate a lot more negativity towards AvP2 and I don\'t want to add to that. Fox are doing a fine job of that themselves.

Keyes

Oh dear   :-X   Can you at least perhaps point to what it was regarding? Story, characters, creature design, FX or something?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed