The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,015 times)

Master

Spoiler
Some more action for superd duper mutant hybrid predator
[close]

Corporal Hicks

So it's the very first cut of the film. As expected the effects were very rough, to the point where they probably don't even merit too much in the way of mention. What I'm hearing is it's very very much a Shane Black movie. That worked for some of who I spoke to, it really didn't work for others. I've heard the lonesome Predator design is just fantastic, the best ADI has done.

However, it's sounding like it's so really different to the typical Predator film and that's either going to work for some, or it's going to kill it for others. Which, to be honest, is something I've thought since reading that script.

The very core of that story is still very much in place but the specifics have been reworked. It doesn't sound like the whole "this is the Predator" angle is played up like it was in the script so it seems significantly more toned down in that kind of regard.

I'm curious to hear how it's refined over the course of editing.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 03:07:25 PM
So it's the very first cut of the film. As expected the effects were very rough, to the point where they probably don't even merit too much in the way of mention. What I'm hearing is it's very very much a Shane Black movie. That worked for some of who I spoke to, it really didn't work for others. I've heard the lonesome Predator design is just fantastic, the best ADI has done.

However, it's sounding like it's so really different to the typical Predator film and that's either going to work for some, or it's going to kill it for others. Which, to be honest, is something I've thought since reading that script.

The very core of that story is still very much in place but the specifics have been reworked. It doesn't sound like the whole "this is the Predator" angle is played up like it was in the script so it seems significantly more toned down in that kind of regard.

By the lonesome predator,
Spoiler
you mean the first predator that crashes and get captured ?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. That's the one.

Whos_Nick

BigDaddyJohn

Cool ! This one is really badass in the script ! He's going to be great !

Johnny Handsome

Thx for the spoiler free infos/opinions. Did they mention if all the Predators are practical or is the 10 feet tall CG?

Master

Spoiler
Any news if kid is still flying the ship and Hybrid Pred ccommands whole bunch of mutated crazy monsters? Or hopefully it was tonned down?
[close]

skhellter

"mutated crazy monsters" were spotted on set.
There's even a photo of some very insectoid legs...

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
No kid flying the ship.
[close]

The hybrids
Spoiler
are still in the film but not sure how they're used in that regard.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 04:43:57 PM
Spoiler
No kid flying the ship.
[close]

Maybe that's a good thing.

Corporal Hicks

It's a great thing. I'm glad to hear that's gone.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 05:55:01 PM
It's a great thing. I'm glad to hear that's gone.
At least that will help quieting some of the extreme haters

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Corporal Hicks

It's unlikely. They're the side of the fanbase who I would imagine will just hate the shift from the Predator template into something different.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2017, 06:04:14 PM
It's unlikely. They're the side of the fanbase who I would imagine will just hate the shift from the Predator template into something different.
Yeah you're probably right

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed