Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 715,297 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 26, 2023, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2023, 09:43:54 PM*Frank's line about queens and whores.
God damnit :laugh:

Dude's name's even stated in the scene itself.

"Right Frank?"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think we all need to make more of an effort at misquoting the prisoners from Alien 3 from now on.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Egg on Sulaco fan convention and anniversary should be sacredly celebrated every first day of November 👉👈

Wweyland

Wweyland

Egg on Sulaco actually sounds like a recipe for breakfast.

Engineer

Engineer

This thread is nearly 300 pages long and started 17 years ago.
Kind of amazing.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is the egg still on the Sulaco?

David Weyland

David Weyland

It was solved on page 23 but everyone was game to keep the thread going

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

I blame Bishop. He had ample time to call the dropship down, retrieve a specimen, return it to the Sulaco, then go and pick up Ripley, Newt, and Hicks.

Wweyland

Wweyland

We need some fresh takes on this

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Ok, so I want to revisit the acid melting through the floor just before Bishop is impaled by the queens tail (I know, I know, there have been a *gazillion* variations on this theory already, ranging from Bishop being 'stung', to his legs eggmorphing, to walking ovomorph..non have sat well with me as plausible) so (and apologies if this has already been suggested...its a looong thread) as a slight variation on that, I wanna talk about secreted resin and what we *actually* saw in Alien directors cut vs what we may presume we saw;

So we don't know how the secreted resin / hive works...we've never *seen* it be made on screen, and its unclear whether xenomorph 'build / construct' it, or whether it is also capable of biological growth itself. Consider the sort of silver-looking biomechnical 'nest' we see in the lower decks of the Nostromo on the walls just prior to seeing Dallas and Brett - when we consider the acidity of xenomorph blood, was all of that secreted resin, or was that in part the metal of the ship walls itself getting melted/eaten away/consumed by the biological material secreted by the xeno in order to spread/grow? (I will come back to this in a moment as to why it'd be relevant).

Whilst I love the theory of eggmorphing myself, it has been documented that officially, the intention was not the the hosts were undergoing metamorphosis into an ovomorph, but rather, were dissolving to feed the developing ovomorph nutrients. With that in mind, when you consider the size of an ovomorph, if they were not formed *by* the bodies of Dallas and Brett, its also unlikely that drone could lay one (never mind two) - consider, we see yolk-like developing eggs spill from the queens egg sack when Ripley blasts it with a grenade launcher, showing they develop within the egg sack, not within the queens body itself.

With that in mind, I was reminded of the production prop photo of the eggs (plural) built for Alien 3... and in that picture, you will see what could be considered a (much) smaller, developing egg held in secreted resin alongside the regular sized eggs. whilst we do not see that on screen (only the open ovomorph) it had me thinking... what if ovomorphs can actually grow from the biological material secreted from a xeno. Consider, that in an ideal situation, there would be a drone tending to these eggs, placing hosts to dissolve/feed them nutrients.

With that in mind, here is my hypothesis;

biological material dripping from the queen burns through the floor just prior to Bishop being attacked. it burns into the underside of the grates in the loading bay, and takes root like a spore, growing, eating away at the ships interior whilst Ripley and Co. are in hyper sleep. Within that growing biological material, a cluster of small ovomorphs begin to form. The first to mature opens and the hugger walks to the adjacent cryochamber.. we then see the open ovomorph in the underside of the loading bay in the opening of the movie.

in this way, no egg needed to be laid, hidden or 'conveniently placed' by the queen. No host was required, and Bishop wasn't involved. It also would accounts for the placement/position of the egg in Alien 3, and why ovomorphs would be so high up the wall in Alien Directors cut (such as seen where Brett is cocooned) when the xeno could have simply placed it on the floor. :)

Thoughts?

To support this theory:

https://imgur.com/a/R5CSfNE

There is a picture of a smaller developing egg circled next to full sized ovomorph in the production prop, and in the pic of the open egg that we saw in the opening, I have brightened the image and you can see the dark/black material dripping down the wall around the egg, demonstrating it was not placed there. 😁👍

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

I asked Rex Pickett about this in 2021 (for those that don't know, Rex was a writer brought onto Alien 3 but his contributions were never included)

This is the response I got from him: https://imgur.com/69RnaxX

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Can you embed it? I assume it is just more whining but, I can not know if I can not read it.

By the way his contributions absolutely were included, the finished film flows nearly identically to his script, you can even read his script on this very website.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Also, just noticed when I uploaded that last picture of the production prop, that if you rotate it to match the scene on screen as closely as possible...

https://i.imgur.com/CjfYUHi.jpg

...then in fact we are not looking at one egg, but potentially two (checkout the lighting on the object below the egg on screen when brightened vs the production prop)giving credit to the "two face huggers in the theatrical cut" debate 😊👍

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 22, 2023, 03:30:25 PMAlso, just noticed when I uploaded that last picture of the production prop, that if you rotate it to match the scene on screen as closely as possible...

...then in fact we are not looking at one egg, but potentially two (checkout the lighting on the object below the egg on screen when brightened vs the production prop)giving credit to the "two face huggers in the theatrical cut" debate 😊👍

Now that's a goddamn revelation!

@Local Trouble

A clutch of eggs developing under the flooring?

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 22, 2023, 03:28:04 PMCan you embed it? I assume it is just more whining but, I can not know if I can not read it.

By the way his contributions absolutely were included, the finished film flows nearly identically to his script, you can even read his script on this very website.

I wasn't aware of that! I always thought he was brought on to make sense of Hill & Giler's drafts, but any new/original contributions from Rex himself were taken out in the final script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed