DH Announces Predator: Hunters!

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 09, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Author
DH Announces Predator: Hunters! (Read 44,499 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That was fast!

Russ840

Russ840

Looking forward to listening and hearing Ultramorph so I can put a voice to his comments.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Haha, I hate how I sound on recordings.

Russ840

Russ840

:laugh: don't we all. I am quite excited for this one. I'm a huge comic lover so listening to you guys chat about some is gonna be great.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 02, 2017, 08:57:10 PM
Haha, I hate how I sound on recordings.

Ha. I know that feeling. I hope you enjoy, Russ!

TheDerelict

Great podcast lads. Loved this comic, probably one of the best I've ever read. They absolutely nailed the predators in this. Brutal, cunning and most importantly mysterious. I could be mistaken but I don't think the word Yautja was used once in this tale, no talk of blooded or unblooded or stupid predator names like "rusty blades" or "broken teeth". Like nails on a chalk board to me.
In this story they are stripped back down to basics and their actions tell you all the back story you need to know.
The part where a predator lets a character go and points in a direction with a bloodied weapon and mimics the words "go to hell" just tells you everything about that particular aliens code of honour in combat. The creators of this story really got it. And the designs of the predators in the flashback scenes were so good.
My only complaint would be that "Big Game" came out almost 30 years ago and Enoch was in his early twenties at a guess in that comic. The guy should be pushing 50 at least by now but he barely looks like he's in his 30's.

trilobite

trilobite

no one ages in comics do they?
really cool podcast by the way :)

Russ840

Russ840

15 mins left of the session guys. Enjoying myself so far. Wish I was able to join in lol. I get excite about this type of chat.

Finished the cast. Awesome stuff. I hope you are planning a Dead Orbit one Hicks  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :) I'm planning on trying to do more comic ones. Would like to go do one for Defiance, Dead Orbit and Life and Death and go back and revisit older series.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2017, 02:30:40 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :) I'm planning on trying to do more comic ones. Would like to go do one for Defiance, Dead Orbit and Life and Death and go back and revisit older series.

Please do Labyrinth and Apocalypse  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Definitely will do!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Fun listen fellas! Would love to hear more podcasts on the new comics that released/concluded this year. It was a very strong year for comics, hopefully Dark Horse continues this trend.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks Xig! Glad you enjoyed it. We are planning on covering more of the newer series too. Our first episode of 2018 is likely to be one on Dead Orbit.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 05, 2017, 03:11:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 05, 2017, 02:30:40 PM

Please do Labyrinth and Apocalypse  ;D
Those are my two favorite comic series, I'd love to contribute to those.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2017, 08:22:03 PM
Thanks Xig! Glad you enjoyed it. We are planning on covering more of the newer series too. Our first episode of 2017 is likely to be one on Dead Orbit.

You have a time machine ?  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed