Damon Lindelof Paradise Script

Started by ikarop, Nov 14, 2012, 09:27:27 PM

Author
Damon Lindelof Paradise Script (Read 50,404 times)

SiL

SiL

It was according to the filmmakers before release.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 01, 2012, 08:05:13 PM
Not sure Prometheus was ever trying to be that... to be fair...

Are you kidding me?  Did you guys see the same pre-release interviews by Damon Lindelof and Ridley Scott, that I saw?

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Deuterium on Dec 02, 2012, 04:27:12 AM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 01, 2012, 08:05:13 PM
Not sure Prometheus was ever trying to be that... to be fair...

Are you kidding me?  Did you guys see the same pre-release interviews by Damon Lindelof and Ridley Scott, that I saw?
I don't believe you are really that naive that you can't identify PR spun interviews. This is a Hollywood system movie designed for mass audiences... Not some art house movie or geek fest for those who think Predator is 'cool'. Scott, I'm sure, was well aware that he was making something that would guarantee bums on seats whilst being made with a modicum of intelligence... I don't think he was ever intending to make 2001:ASO or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 02, 2012, 08:47:13 AM

Scott, I'm sure, was well aware that he was making something that would guarantee bums on seats whilst being made with a modicum of intelligence... I don't think he was ever intending to make 2001:ASO or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I'm with you Darth Vile. I've got the same vibe.The problem was when I read the synopses I thought something..I exaggerated in my mind what probably could be done with it.So it was something in my mind and other on his.I guess Ridley knew when the synopsis fell in network the public would think so many things far away from what he was thinking.

He said almost before the movie premiere: "This movie is a meeting: 2001 with steroids!It's different".

That's what opened my mind. But I do not consider myself to be cheated or disappointed. I'm pleased with what I saw.

Deuterium

Deuterium

I don't believe you are really that naive that you can't identify PR spun interviews. This is a Hollywood system movie designed for mass audiences... Not some art house movie or geek fest for those who think Predator is 'cool'. Scott, I'm sure, was well aware that he was making something that would guarantee bums on seats whilst being made with a modicum of intelligence... I don't think he was ever intending to make 2001:ASO or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Darth,

You totally lost me.  I am not sure what you are trying to say.  It seems as though you agreeing that Lindelof and Scott knew Prometheus' story was nothing but "hot air"...and that all the bullshit "deeper" meanings that they promised was nothing but window dressing and red herrings.  Which is what I have been saying from day one.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Deuterium on Dec 01, 2012, 05:18:19 AM
Quote from: Zenzucht on Nov 30, 2012, 11:28:25 PM
It's probably off-topic, but it does seems to me that the audiences are no longer able to figure the things out by themselves.. They want everything "on the golden plate", on-the-nose dialogue and show & tell scenes.

.. and that's the complete opposite of what the movies should be.

Hi Zenzucht,

There exists wonderfuly provocative films of great subtlety, which contain intricate layers and meanings, and which motivate one's imagination to search for deeper meanings and messages.  Prometheus is NOT one of these films, IMHO.

Rather, it is an example of lame story-telling on the part of the writer(s), and poor execution on the part of the Director.  It is rife with plot-holes, inconsistent and non-sensical character behavior, ridiculous dialogue, and a fundamentally incoherent narrative that is built on a house of cards.  In sum...it is a complete and utter mess.  Again, IMHO.

You nailed it man. It's how I felt after seeing and why I can't really re watch it.

I'll throw into the hate pot that the average shot length of the film is painfully short. Too much cutting, I can't get sucked in and dreadfully unsubtle soundtrack ain't helping to much either.

SM

SM

srsly?

I've heard some stupid criticisms about Prometheus and some legit ones - but shot length?

Marlowe

Marlowe

I saw so much crap around the Alien universe in their latest movies, like all the AVPs and Alien 4 .. that when I saw Prometheus it was a bit of a reward ;because of these previous blunders.
Of course is not a stunning movie but it is the best thing that it came since Aliens from Jim.In my modest opinion.
I know that some people will not agree.But I was no longer excited about anything related to the franchise for a long time and then the movie has premiered and I started to change my mind.I think this film gives a little hope at least.
I'll not lose my faith in Prometheus yet. If their ideas in the next work will going to work , I don't know.
But I will be waiting for the sequel and hoping that will complement the ideas initiated now.
There's nothing lost yet.

The film has (a lot) more positives than negatives points.It has to be emphasized.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2012, 01:09:53 AM
srsly?

I've heard some stupid criticisms about Prometheus and some legit ones - but shot length?

Seriously.
It's a valid criticism which I think gets overlooked.
It seems to be a big problem in modern general audience pictures.

SM

SM

How big?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Length a problem? Disagree.

Although i think the film would have been improved with the extended Engineer/Weyland dialogue and the Shaw/Engineer fight at the end. They are both memorable scenes.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Deuterium on Dec 03, 2012, 12:23:20 AM

Darth,

You totally lost me.  I am not sure what you are trying to say.  It seems as though you agreeing that Lindelof and Scott knew Prometheus' story was nothing but "hot air"...and that all the bullshit "deeper" meanings that they promised was nothing but window dressing and red herrings.  Which is what I have been saying from day one.
You've lost me... The story is simply about what happened if we met our creators and they turned out not to be as benevolent as we'd think. There is no "hot air" or "bullshit" about it. Of course anybody involved with the movie during production is going to state it's the biggest thing sliced bread (can you remember how they were selling Alien 3 onwards?)...but only an idiot would think that 1) Promethus was going to be a shocking/gory movie from start to finish (given the rating it was always going to have) 2) It was going to be an intellectually challenging movie that dealt with profound questions about life, the universe and everything.

It was however, and IMHO, a populist movie that was made with more intelligence and craft than most of the Hollywood mainstream movies.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.cz/2012/12/eric-heisserer-lifts-curtain-on-studio.html

You have to read this article!

I'm hearing two quotes from the movie at the moment:

"It's everything!"

"I was wrong, I was so wrong!"

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

QuoteYour new job: Spell out all the things you so artfully seeded through innuendo and subtle suggestion. Now you're writing things in ALL CAPS and talking about how this is THE TURNING POINT FOR YOUR CHARACTER because she realizes SHE MUST BETRAY HER FRIEND to SAVE HER FAMILY. If you learned how to write from a certain LOST writer, you'll be doing this already, along with statements like HOLY SHIT, this is the MOST HEARTBREAKING MOMENT WE'VE EVER SEEN.

So that's why nearly EVERYTHING was in CAPS LOCK.

T Dog

T Dog

So Lindelof just knows how to play the game. Simple as that.

I wonder DID HE ALWAYS WRITE LIKE THIS? Or did he just develop that overtime with all the nonsense a writer has to put up with.

Either way he's an irritant. He rims the execs hard and then plays the P.R game to such a fine t that allegedly everything he's working on is the greatest shit EVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRRRR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed