News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 549,901 times)

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 07:48:12 AM
I'm unsure if this is an authentic account (I'm checking with PR) but the Alien: Covenant Official Instagram account is claiming we'll be getting a trailer with Assasain's Creed: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLHYkwiBiIK/

Quote"Pleased to announce the first official @aliencovenant teaser will debut along with the #assasinscreed film. #aliencovenant #alien #teaser #20thcenturyfox"

That said, it's when I expect we'll be seeing a trailer and it is a Fox film so it's not unlikely.

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 03, 2016, 11:49:52 PM
So he now wants to use ideas from Forever War in Covenant... that can be a very good thing!
I suspect Ridley will use time dilation effect in Covenant, we shall see in what way! Or maybe he ll describe the story of Engineers explaining in that way destiny of humanity and hinting the origin of Xeno... like Milton did whit Satan.   Joe Haldeman did the sam in his novel...

Time dilation seems too obvious, its the whole crux in which the character drama revolves around (great book!)...perhaps it's something more akin to not being able to understand the enemy?

I'm not convinced it's the legit Instagram account. I think they've just taken a punt on when the trailer will be released, albeit, an obvious one. Isn't that first picture a fan made poster? And why wouldn't they have broke any pictures or snippets like @alienanthology has?

lv_226

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 04, 2016, 11:48:43 AM
I ve already acquired The Forever War;D
I ll read it today, tomorrow.

Found it, yeah, Wayne is omnipresent ;D

Great book! Hope you enjoy it!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 04, 2016, 12:41:21 PM
I'm not convinced it's the legit Instagram account. I think they've just taken a punt on when the trailer will be released, albeit, an obvious one. Isn't that first picture a fan made poster? And why wouldn't they have broke any pictures or snippets like @alienanthology has?

Nah. I don't think it's going to be either but I'd rather be 100% sure. I like to check first. Just force of habit.

Necronomicon II

Wayne is a champ.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 01:55:23 PM

Nah. I don't think it's going to be either but I'd rather be 100% sure. I like to check first. Just force of habit.

Yeah definitely worth following up. You never know your PR link may say "oh actually the trailer is coming out in November" 🤗

Pvt. Himmel

Oh but what a great Christmas gift that a would be.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

More questions from me and smart answers from Wayne :laugh:

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/783084911502569472

Quote@ankaris Hi, Wayne. You spoke about Covenant's many influences, will you be able to discuss the after release?

@Eminence333 Moebius was one..

Indeed.

It's as fake as a three dollar bill.

Corporal Hicks

Heard back from Fox -

Enoch

Well, ask them when can we expect teaser trailer or trailer OR those great virals.
What the hell are they doing... no official promos, posters, statements, nothing!!! >:(

Nostromo

Infected

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 04, 2016, 04:33:39 PM
More questions from me and smart answers from Wayne :laugh:

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/783084911502569472

Quote@ankaris Hi, Wayne. You spoke about Covenant's many influences, will you be able to discuss the after release?

@Eminence333 Moebius was one..

Indeed.

It's as fake as a three dollar bill.
Hey is that a good David android? so yes, will the evil David trick the good one into something,
that would be weird if one model tricked the other model.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 06:07:16 PM
Heard back from Fox -

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Its-a-Fake.jpg

FAKE or not, it seems like an awfully big missed opportunity for FOX not to have, at the very least, a teaser floating around for theatres to trail onto STAR WARS in December.
I worked as an IMAX projectionist for years and the corporate theatre chains, like AMC or Regal for instance, are the ones who decide what trailers they attach, APART from the ones that come from the same studio as the feature you are seeing.
In other words, it may be that DISNEY publicly announces that a full length WRECK IT RALPH 2 trailer be attached to it's STAR WARS opening weekend, but it is up to the theatre chain to decide which trailers it will also include from other studios, in their STAR WARS playlist.
The studios know that. So it would be a huge missed opportunity for FOX to let the flagpole of something like the massive STAR WARS fanbase, not get to see an ALIEN COVENANT teaser.
For that reason. I'm almost willing to bet $ that there will be one by STAR WARS.

If we don't see it by then, I expect that FOX will be using secrecy as a PR angle, to generate hype, all the way up until the film's release.

Enoch

Assassins Creed is also a very good time to show Alien Covenant trailer.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 04, 2016, 06:16:38 PM
Well, ask them when can we expect teaser trailer or trailer OR those great virals.
What the hell are they doing... no official promos, posters, statements, nothing!!! >:(

Wont kick in until the new year. Still too much time left for them to get promotion going. I seriously expect to see a trailer in November/December.

Stolen

It's too early to know if there will be a teaser or trailer in December. Date is generally known a week in advance, sometimes less.

And Fox has not released trailer for none movie of 2017, I think. So wait trailer of Wolverine and War For The Planet Of The Apes before the Covenant gold teaser.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed