NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 31, 2012, 07:22:26 AM

Author
NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer (Read 31,646 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 31, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
I would like to find out the purpose of the crusher, other than to chase people around and smash things.

To be fair, what was the purpose of the Aliens in 'Alien' and 'Alien3'? "Run around and smash things/kill people" could be applied to those, too.

In all reality the "purpose" of the Crusher is to provide a varied gameplay experience for the player.
They couldn't do that with story based gameplay elements? you know the way they normally do games? instead they make variations of Aliens which to me is kind of lame. Its like a zombie game which throws in a Rhino zombie just for shits and giggles.

I know, people are very sensitive to the story of Alien because it's concept and design is very finely tuned. To throw in useless variations of Aliens  without a real biological purpose almost sounds like a desperate cry for help in terms of making an Aliens game.  I thought the Queen alien seemed to be a desperate cry for a conclusion to Aliens yet it seemed right considering the 'hive' aspect of alien. But that is just one aspect of Alien derived from a seemingly abstract life cycle and Cameron stitched it together. Thats not to say anyone creating the universe should stick to that 'insect' motif. I'd rather encounter something more horrific and closer to home, than the insect world. 
Want to go insect? Watch STARSHIP TROOPERS over and over again.

Perhaps Gearbox has something lined up for The Crusher. Maybe they actually learn about the DNA aspect of the Alien.
Well as long as there's a talented script writer (Battlestar Galactic tv show), it might turn out to be something cool.

SM

SM

Mikey Neumann didn't work on Nu BSG.  He's solely worked on video games.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: SM on Jul 31, 2012, 11:15:05 PM
Mikey Neumann didn't work on Nu BSG.  He's solely worked on video games.

I believe he is referring to when the writers from BG were hired to write the initial script, which they eventually couldn't use.

SM

SM

Probably - but he seems to be under the impression those same writers are working on the final product.

reconditoned

reconditoned

Check 3:37

In the 2 latest trailers they talk about the player seeing what has happened in the 17 WEEKS since the movie...  hold on...  wasn't the rescue team 17 DAYS away? Oh no Gearbox  -__-

And stuff

And stuff

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 31, 2012, 03:01:34 PM
Quote from: Sinncrow on Jul 31, 2012, 02:35:38 PM
You didn't simply disagree; you insulted me by saying "The mighty Sinncrow has spoken, we must all be wrong". You went sarcastically over board, and devalued my opinion, which I have full right to say as everyone else. I never once said they can't make a game fans want; all I said was they can't make it 100% like Aliens. If you want 100% Aliens, go watch the film. It is going to have differences in how it presents the material, even if it is the same material as in Aliens. Also, you're being hypocritical in not only asserting your opinion as being the only valid one (something I never once said in my comment), but in insulting (and yes, you did insult me) my intelligence with you're snide remake about the definition of insult and you're "good job" ribbon.

Please, if you're going to try and treat someone poorly in the future, don't make an ass of yourself; it's very unbecoming.
Spoiler
[close]

This is entertaining, but you're cluttering the thread with this dramatic tantrum of a reaction.  Sarcasm towards comments one disagrees with isn't against the rules.  Welcome to the internet, might want to consider getting some thicker skin and maybe taking a sedative if you don't like people's opinions on what you have to say.

Are you just trying to earn another 'good job' ribbon?  I can make that happen, but I suggest we get back to the topic.

^ U maaaaad.

Get back in touch with reality.  Sinn is pretty much dead-on, regardless if it upset ye.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: reconditoned on Aug 01, 2012, 12:15:54 AM

In the 2 latest trailers they talk about the player seeing what has happened in the 17 WEEKS since the movie...  hold on...  wasn't the rescue team 17 DAYS away? Oh no Gearbox  -__-

This has been explained already. Basically what we know so far is that the Sulaco was reported destroyed, but the Sephora was sent anyway to investigate what happened 17 weeks later, or 3 weeks after Alien3.

Welcome to the forums! :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 01, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

This has been explained already. Basically what we know so far is that the Sulaco was reported destroyed, but the Sephora was sent anyway to investigate what happened 17 weeks later, or 3 weeks after Alien3.

Predaker, please explain more clearly for me, or at least provide a link for me that explains this, because I am also confused by this.

NOTE: It wasn't until just recently, like two months ago that I actually started to read up, or watch a lot of the videos released. By that I mean only fairly recent articles with videos and plain old prose.

SM

SM

They've said all along that it's 17 weeks after Alien3 (or so).  The use of "17" just confuses things because people think it's a mistake in relation to Hick's "17 days" quote.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2012, 01:52:45 AM
They've said all along that it's 17 weeks after Alien3 (or so).  The use of "17" just confuses things because people think it's a mistake in relation to Hick's "17 days" quote.

So then what happened after those 17 days that Hicks talked about? Or is A:CM going to answer that?

Or I am completely missing information here by my own fault.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That was an awfully long video, just for them to say, "It looks similar." :)

Pitchford lost any and all credibility for me, the moment he famously declared that 'Duke Nukem Forever' was, "beat for beat", virtually the same as 'Half-Life 2'. Everything he's said about this project, for similar reasons, has me regarding it with much scepticism.

Personally, I would be wowed by writers of 'Battlestar Galactica' coming aboard, either. They did some nonsensical, often contradictory stuff on that show and admitted, later on, that they just made a lot of it up as they went along. That's not the kind of mentality needed for a licence like this.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 01, 2012, 01:56:57 AM
That was an awfully long video, just for them to say, "It looks similar." :)

Pitchford lost any and all credibility for me, the moment he famously declared that 'Duke Nukem Forever' was, "beat for beat", virtually the same as 'Half-Life 2'. Everything he's said about this project, for similar reasons, has me regarding it with much scepticism.

Personally, I would be wowed by writers of 'Battlestar Galactica' coming aboard, either. They did some nonsensical, often contradictory stuff on that show and admitted, later on, that they just made a lot of it up as they went along. That's not the kind of mentality needed for a licence like this.

OMG, I need to find this quote from Pitchford.

LMFAO

http://www.destructoid.com/pitchford-duke-nukem-forever-is-exactly-like-half-life-2-231521.phtml

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 01:50:41 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Aug 01, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

Predaker, please explain more clearly for me, or at least provide a link for me that explains this, because I am also confused by this.

NOTE: It wasn't until just recently, like two months ago that I actually started to read up, or watch a lot of the videos released. By that I mean only fairly recent articles with videos and plain old prose.

One was an older interview with Mikey neumann explaining how the story goes with  weyland yutani bringing the sulaco back to LV426 from fury 161. I will try to dig it up.

Also in the beginning of campaign  footage from the "suspense" trailer, Winters says the USS Sulaco was reported destroyed, "yet its on the other side of that door in orbit over LV-426." Cue the suspense music and winters crosses the umbilical.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 01:55:06 AM

So then what happened after those 17 days that Hicks talked about? Or is A:CM going to answer that?

At the PAXeast demonstration that I attended they mentioned that rescue teams were sent out, but then those squads weren't heard from again, this is repeated a few times I guess until the USCM core figures out something is up and sends a battalion of marines to really figure out what is going on. That's the group the player (winters) is a part of.  I think they also mentioned WY did something to screw the prior rescue teams over, but I could be messing up the details a bit as this was months ago.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: newbeing on Aug 01, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 01:55:06 AM

At the PAXeast demonstration that I attended they mentioned that rescue teams were sent out, but then those squads weren't heard from again, this is repeated a few times I guess until the USCM core figures out something is up and sends a battalion of marines to really figure out what is going on. That's the group the player (winters) is a part of.  I think they also mentioned WY did something to screw the prior rescue teams over, but I could be messing up the details a bit as this was months ago.

Thanks for the extra insight! I guess we will have to wait for the game to see how they try to "explain things."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed